Questions on new OFR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on new OFR.

> A local shop has a new American Strat with an OFR,and I noticed something different about it. Instead of having the name stamped or engraved into the baseplate,this one has the name applied with what looks like a laser-etching,or similar technique. Is this a common thing,or just an oddball? Also,any real word on whether the new Ping-manufactured ones are any good? Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Sounds like a licensed copy, not an Original Floyd Rose.

Comment

Doesn't Fender have some sort of deal where they can produce their own OFRs that are logoed that way?
      I know I've seen "Fender Floyd Rose" boxes before on Ebay, as well as "Original Floyd Rose" (no other branding) on them.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Fender used to have the distribution rights for Original Floyd Roses. Not anymore. But they were still (and remain) manufactured by Schaller in Germany.

Not the same as a laser-engraved logo'd copy. Look at the bridge - possibly underneath it - and it likely says "licensed under Floyd Rose patents". That's a copy.

Comment

Here's info on the cheap Ping.
          http://www.frankenstraat.com/forums/...c08e7bf58fd6df
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Questions on new OFR.

> After looing at these pics,which I had seen before but never really looked at that close,the one on this Strat is most definitely the Ping version,at least from the look of the top plate. I haven't been back to take a look at it while it's still on the guitar. This small shop is a Fender dealer,and says he can get just about any Jackson as well,other than something off the wall,as long as they have it in stock or order it thru CS. He has a couple of those Pro-Packs in stock,along with a low-end Rhoads. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll actually stock some. Thanks guys,Tommy D.
            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

yup, its a ping floyd. suposedly they are the only company whom Floyd Rose allows to use the name on the unit, because it is so close to the original. they make the speedloader bridges for Floyd as well.
              My metal band Lucian Scott
              Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
              Available Now!
              New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
              X