No announcement yet.

Help! Broken shaft on my volume pot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Broken shaft on my volume pot...

Well, not all of it but one side (half) of the shaft of my volume pot is broken.

ANyone knows how to repair this (fix it) or do I have to change the pot?
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

You may be able to get a knob that snaps on to sit on there. However you'll should probably replace it eventually. As long as it works though and you have a knob that will sit on there I wouldnt rush to replace it.

Comment

I'd change the pot. They're cheap & easy to come by. If you want to give fixing it a try, though, you might be able to just superglue some material into place where the broken part of the shaft was. Something like a piece of 1/8" dowel split in half, or a piece of plastic that can be shaped, or gob some thick epoxy or J.B. Weld on there, then sand to the correct shape. Then, just make sure the set screw (if it is that type of knob) is lined up with the good part of the shaft when you tighten down. Putting in a new one would be quicker & easier, but if you don't solder I can understand wanting to take a shot at fixing it.
      Last edited by dg; 12-28-2006, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Just buy an rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit and you will fix the problem and have great tone and the best electronics money can buy.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Just buy an rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit and you will fix the problem and have great tone and the best electronics money can buy.
          I knew that was coming.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I knew that was coming.
            Me too! Beware of the Straycat. He's correct however
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
              X