got my Original Floyd Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my Original Floyd Rose

And I have NO clue how to install it! I have the DK2M. Help!!!

Take the strings off the Floyd, take the springs off the block, take Floyd off the pivot posts. Install new Floyd on posts, install springs on new Floyd's block, put on new strings, tune up to pitch, stretch strings, retune, stretch strings, retune, repeat process until strings don't go out of tune, lock down nut, use fine tuners, you should be set.
    If the ass end of the Floyd is sticking up and not parallel to the body, then tighten the two screws of the spring claw. If Floyd is sunken into the body a little, then loosen the spring claw screws.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

toejam, you make it sound easy :P Really the only hard thing will be putting the springs back on and tuning it back up.

Comment

Ok, the problem I came across is the posts that came with the licensed floyd not fitting with the OFR Soooooooo I looked at that removing the inserts FAQ and I don't have the pieces to to do this. It also looks like I'm just going to need it routed for the new posts to fit unless the original ones on the licensed do in fact fit the OFR. All of this stuff is quite new to me.

Comment

Hmm, they should work fine... What exactly doesnt work/fit right? Can you take a pic?
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

Ok, this information has made me much happier now! I guess I'll update you guys if my brain ceases to function properly.

Comment

I have some "extra" pieces. I have this bar that's flat on one side, round on the other with a couple screws that go with it. It looks like it lines up with the nut, but I don't know what it's for.

Comment

Thats the downforce bar. you have a pitched headstock so its not needed. Its designed to increas downward pressure over the nut on non-pitched headstocks like a fender or old USA Kramer. Its not needed on a JAckson so just hold on to it. You never know when you just might come across somethig that needs one.
                Gil

Comment

thanks.

Comment

well, everything seemed to work out great, thanks for your help guys.

Comment

You're probably going to have to intonate the new trem.

http://www.floydrose.com/originaltre...#basic_topic_3

Comment

I know, and I fear doing this, but I have to learn.

Comment

It's not hard, just a little tedious. Just take your time & be patient and you'll have it down before you know it!

Comment

My friend did it for me and for a sweet deal too. Had me buy him some food and he properly setup my bridge and intonated it for me. I am very happy now and can't wait to get my BV head back and go to band practice Friday.

Comment

Working...
                            X