Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLease Help on Charvel EVH

Hi everyone,
    I bought my son a Charvel EVH series guitar for Christmas, he noticed that everytime he uses Floyd Rose tremelo, the guitar will becomes out of tune. Is he doing something wrong or is there a special way to keep it tuned while using the tremelo?

If it's new it may be a little sticky and needs to be gently used. Maybe a little graphite on the posts. I wouldn't be diving too hard on it. Also, has it been set up? What a great gift.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The most common mistake made by people new to floating trems is that they don't stretch the strings properly. Make sure you stretch & re-tune each string until it stays in tune after a big bend, then lock the nut.

Here are some great tips & pics, courtesy of our pal Kevin Easton :

http://www.eastonguitars.com/WWW/TPS/floyd_setup.htm

Comment

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          The most common mistake made by people new to floating trems is that they don't stretch the strings properly. Make sure you stretch & re-tune each string until it stays in tune after a big bend, then lock the nut.
          Yes, this is good advice. Though, the Charvel EVH model's trem doesn't float... it's sitting on the body for divebombs only, and there is a D-Tuna attached, too. If you remove the D-Tuna, then you can raise the Floyd up, if desired, to float and be able to pull back a little.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually, no you can't, Toe. I haven't looked at the back of my EVH in a while but, IIRC, they are blocked in the trem cavity for dive-bombs only. Raising the trem height won't make any difference. ...Well, other than making the action higher, I mean.

Comment

Ah, they're blocked in the cavity, too? Interesting. Makes sense for people who do want the action higher.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X