Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC wiring help needed

Hey guys,
    I just finished installing 2 APC pups in my SLSMG (persuader lead and a syrinx).
    I must have done something wrong because they are not nearly as high output as the EMG's they are replacing. They also have an odd tone in the mids and are fairly muddy. This can't be right.
    This is a single volume pot, 3 way switch, no tone pot setup. On both pups I soldered green to white, red's from each pup going to the 3-way switch and both black wires from each pup going to ground. Is this correct? There is literally no noise, which is great. But the amount of gain is like I had my volume pot halfway on with the EMG's, let alone the weird tone. Any help would be much appreciated.
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Gilbert,

There must be something wrong - I've got a Persuader Lead Custom in the bridge position of my SL2H (Persuader Lead in the neck) and it kicks the EMG's ass every which way. As I type this, I'm at my parent's home for Christmas, so I can't confirm your wiring. I'll be home tomorrow, will check my wiring, and get back to you.
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pete. It ended up being a bad pot. The pot seemed ok, wasn't crackling or noisy, but apparently one of the solder posts had a bad connection to the rest of the pot. The pups are working great now. Awesome in fact.
      www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Great! Glad you figured it out! Enjoy the APCs...
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Gilbert can you describe the Syrinx sound? The APC site leaves little to be desired for their descriptions, but the Persuader Lead Custom I have kicks major ass. Would you compare it to an EMG 85 or Emg 60?

Comment

Working...
          X