No announcement yet.

Charvel Avenger 5 way switch operation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Avenger 5 way switch operation?

Just got an Avenger finally... been wanting one for a while. Im having trouble figuring out how the 5 way switch works though.

Heres what I THINK it does:
    1:bridge single
    2:bridge both
    3:bridge both/neck
    4:bridge single/neck
    5:neck

How far off am I? First thing I checked was the wiring, but only the first 4 posts are used, the rest have nothing on them. Reason I ask is because its sounding pretty weak, pinch harmonics arent very strong... Id like to get some more output without replacing the pickups.

Thinking of rewiring both bridge pickups together along with a 1meg/ohm pot and see what happens from there. Thoughts?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Well, IIRC those are J200s, so they're pretty weak.

Is it a Special 5-Way? The big honkin double-layer switch with a million prongs?

If it's the regular 8-prong switch, the 2 groups of 4 prongs are identical, meaning they all do the same thing. It's just easier to add coil taps to separate tabs than trying to solder two leads to one prong.

What you might want to look into is a JBJr in Bridge1, a Lil59 in Bridge2, and some other Jr/Lil model for the neck.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X