Weird Spring Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Spring Problem

The middle spring of my new ESP Mirage's Floyd Rose keeps popping out. I'm thinking maybe the hole is a bit enlarged/the block is too long? I got a new spring, same thing happens. I moved the same spring to the left and right positions and it pops out too. The springs that stay in the left and right positions pop out of the middle. I have a brand new block coming from the seller that is 2mm shorter. Think that will fix the issue? Any other ideas to try? Never had this happen before and I have TONS of Floyded guitars

Haven't been able to play this guitar yet and it is a NICE guitar!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

I've never had this issue, but maybe bending the end of the spring that goes into the block to a more acute angle would help temporarily.

Comment

I had that happen a few times on an old Dinky. Someone else here also mentioned it happened to them and that turning the block upside down helped the problem.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I had that happen a few times on an old Dinky. Someone else here also mentioned it happened to them and that turning the block upside down helped the problem.
        You mean turning it around like 180 degree rotate, not upsidedown, right?

Comment

Yes
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If your springs pop out now, a shorter block will only make matters worse. A longer block is the way to go. That is, unless the 180 degree turning thing didn't work out for ya

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
              You mean turning it around like 180 degree rotate, not upsidedown, right?
              Yes, that's what I meant.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had that problem when I was installing a Floyd and didn't realize it had a short block on it.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

If you reverse the block the springs will not stay in the holes.Just turn the block around.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

THANKS GUYS! Flipped the block around last night and set it up... works great now. SOUNDS & FEELS GREAT TOO!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                    X