Price hike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price hike?

I have heard a rumor of a significant price hike. Can anyone confirm it?

In the words of Weezer, "Say it ain't so.... ew oh ew oh...."

Comment

With the strength of the dollar as low as it is, I wouldn't doubt it.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I dont doubt it at all. Did Jackson's prices go up last year? I know Ibanez made a nasty price jump.

Comment

hahaha....i hope not. i remember buying brand new soloists with graphics for 1300 a couple of years ago!!! those days are gone forever.....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Have you noticed that, in the past few weeks, a few dealers have begun to significantly build up the amount of J/Cs they have in-stock? That should tell you something.

Comment

I quote a dealer source

A Jackson will cost more then a Charvel CS, since the pricing structure is different for both companies. Jackson is expecting a minimum 25% Price increase for 2007, as of January 1st

Comment

25% holy zoinkzzzzz:eek

although I dont really need to buy more guitars anyway

Comment

Well this does mean I can now say I own an $800 some odd sollar guitar as oppossed to a $600 one But other than that this sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Have you noticed that, in the past few weeks, a few dealers have begun to significantly build up the amount of J/Cs they have in-stock? That should tell you something.
                    Yeah: That JCMI is clearing out as much inventory as possble so the bean counters don´t start having people fired when Q4 is over

I´ll believe statements about a price hike when they´re official, this wouldn´t be the first time that such a story turns out to be pure hysterical speculation

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                      ...this wouldn´t be the first time that such a story turns out to be pure hysterical speculation
                      You mean like the rumor of an $8k base price on custom orders? :lol

Seriously, IMHO a price hike is highly likely. When were they last increased? I think it was 2002, around when they did the big Jackson catalog. That would make it five years without an increase. In terms of general musicial instrument manufacturer trends, that would pretty much make a price increase well past due. And, IIRC, the prior increase was 25% and also followed 4 or 5 years of no price changes.

Comment

They had a price hike in about August 04.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                          They had a price hike in about August 04.
                          Whoops. You are correct, sir. My bad.

Just looked back through Winter/Summer price lists of that year. Prices were increased by about 15% with Summer NAMM '04.

While I don't have the price lists going back that far, I believe the '02 increase I mentioned is still corrrect, too, though.

So it seems they may be on a 2 & 1/2 year cycle for price increases.

Comment

It's Called LEAN MANUFACTURING..Latest craze in MFG started by Toyota..It sucks balls too...

Comment

I hope they don't raise prices 25%...But if they do fuck them, that will close the lid on my wanting a CS or any other USA Jackson, especially if the rumours of ESP dropping prices next year are true.

***Edit** Although given the amazing incompetence of our current governing body and the decline of the US dollar I guess it isn't too bad when I think about it as I never took into consideration how much our currency really isn't worth shit anymore.
                              Last edited by KLNowak; 12-15-2006, 12:34 AM.
                              I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Working...
                              X