Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping

I am looking for tips on shipping a guitar without a case. How do you all do it?
    This is a bolt on neck in case that makes a difference.

Get a very well padded gig bag load some bubble wrap around the neck and headstock.Place in shipping box tape well insert box inside a larger shipping box use peanuts(faom)and bubble wrap to suspend inner box inside outer box.Tape well and ship.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Remove the neck & ship seperately if you're really paranoid.

Comment

Buy a case!!!! You can get a case at GC for $50-$75.

Comment

Remove the neck... ship body and neck seperately. I like to use those long, triangle shaped shipping boxes for sending necks. They're pretty hard to crush. Just wrap it in a shitload of bubble wrap and make sure it doesn't slide around in the tube. Even a 24 fret neck will still have about 3-4 inches of clearence on both ends of the tube. Fill that with bubble wrap as well. No movement in the tube is key.
          Wrap the body in a few layers of bubble wrap and then put it in a box with 4 inches of clearance on all sides of the body and fill it with packing peanuts. You sould be good to go.
          Never ship a guitar in just a gig bag unless you plan on double boxing it.
          Even then, insure the hell out of it and let the UPS Store, or what ever shipper you're using, package it. When it arrives crushed, they won't be able to use the standard claim denial that it was not properly packed.
          -Rick

Comment

I shipped an hollowbody w/ a bum load of bubble wrap & it was awesome.

bubblewrap is ur friend.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Even then, insure the hell out of it and let the UPS Store, or what ever shipper you're using, package it. When it arrives crushed, they won't be able to use the standard claim denial that it was not properly packed.
              NO NO NO

DO NOT USE UPS!!!!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://www.instapak.com/
                What do you guys think about this stuff? I have used it for shipping fragile electronic equipment to Europe, and it has never let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  NO NO NO

DO NOT USE UPS!!!!

Don't worry Ron, I was being sarcastic.
                  Hence the denial proof insurance reference.

I HATE UPS!!!
                  -Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X