Question about Floyd Rose locking nut for a Jackson PS-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Floyd Rose locking nut for a Jackson PS-1

Hey, all. I have a Jackson PS-1 that I've done extensive modifications to (new pickups - Duncan Distortion in the bridge and Duncan JB in the neck - a new Charvel Floyd bridge, etc...). The only problem is that I put a Kahler locking nut on it and this guitar REFUSES to stay in tune if I even touch the bar. I want to get a Floyd locking nut for it, but I want to make sure I get the right one. From what I can gather, there are a few different sizes of locking nuts for Floyds. Does anyone know what size locking nut this guitar takes? Or maybe replacing the cheap plastic nut with a graphite nut?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, here's a pic of the beast...

Also, could anyone possibly tell me anything about this guitar (Japanese or Korean in particular)? The serial number is 1008101.

Welcome to the board. All questions are answered. Right, wrong or indifferent. It's a great place. That may have been made in India. That would make it very, very nice.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Serious mods indeed.
      Since the PS-1 was originaly a v-trem, it could be any number of things.
      Bad trem posts or worn knife edges on the trem itself. Hell, the trem or trem springs could be rubbing against the body causing it to not return to the proper position.
      As for the nut, it's a 1 11/16th wide board, so an R3 (narrow spacing) or R4 (standard spacing) nut would fit.
      You would have to route out the existing nut and create a shelf for the lock nut.
      It sounds like the Kahler lock plates are worn/grooved and it's not getting a good bite on the strings. I'd replace that with a new plate before I went routing out for a Floyd nut. Just easier in my book.
      -Rick

Comment

Working...
      X