Old kahler to "fixed new" kahler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old kahler to "fixed new" kahler?

will a new FIXED BRIDGE kahler work on an original kahler equipped guitar?

Jani over in Finland mentioned it along with Sanctuary and it got me thinking. One particular guitar I have, I don't use the trem much and would like a chrome one for it. I don't want to buy it and have it not fit.

Thanks in advance. I've also e mailed wammi on it. We'll see what happens.

I don't know for sure but the 3300 sure like it is designed to cover up the rout for Kahler Trem. It basically looks just like a 2300 without the bar.

http://www.kahlerusa.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06 View Post
      will a new FIXED BRIDGE kahler work on an original kahler equipped guitar? ...
      Yes, without any issues or modifications. Old fixed bridge on new trem guitar also works just as well.

Issues only appear when you want to replace the hardtail with the trem version, because then there´s a bit of routing to be done

Originally posted by slash View Post
      I don't know for sure but the 3300 sure like it is designed to cover up the rout for Kahler Trem. It basically looks just like a 2300 without the bar.

http://www.kahlerusa.com/
      Doesn´t just "appear" so, that is factually exactly what it is and has always been both in the old line and in the new one

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. I was just going by pictures but now I know for sure

Comment

Yes. Read the website. It says there are no problems doing a retrofit.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Thanks,

my fickle mind has decided to purchase another Hybrid unit. I think I'm lost without a bar.

Comment

Working...
            X