OH no spilled beer on mesa recto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH no spilled beer on mesa recto

i spilled a beer on my mesa rectifier tonight at practice. a 6l6 tube turned blue and poped and the fuse blew. the rest of the tubes seem fine, so im hoping that just replacing all the 6l6 with 2 matched sets and the fuse will fix it. btw i took it apart minutes after this happened to clean beer out, but nine seems to have gotten inside the wiring/electric board box. do u think ill be alright? i have a gig in a week.ive been told tube amps are pretty resilient. i hope i didnt ruin the amp.

Just let it rest tonight and feed it a good breakfast in the morning...it should be fine.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

hahahahaha@mm2002

Comment

I blew up a Road King in just that fashion a while ago. Had a beer sittin' on top the amp, turned with the guitar and *bonk* headstock meets beer, beer meets amp, amp meets service tech.

Comment

You've been lucky enough that you didn't get fried taking it apart only minutes after you shut it off, there is some pretty high voltage in there...

I suggest taking it to a tech in any case.

Comment

You should take it into a tech to have it thoroughly cleaned out.
            BTW.. I heard that if you spill Jack Daniels into a Rectifier it turns it into a Road King.
            Because you tended to it quickly you probably will be fine with a tube cleaning and power tube change.

Comment

Now you know why you´re not supposed to put your beer on top of your amp, besides the fact that warm beer sucks

Comment

Working...
              X