Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to replace SD JB - what do you suggest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to replace SD JB - what do you suggest?

Guys,

I want to replace the SD JB in my DK2M with another SD model - what do you suggest? Distortion? Custom? Custom 5? Custom Custom?

I've already got a couple of other Jacksons with the JB and just want something different - more drive, punch, thicker tone.
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

i do like the custom/custom in an alder bodied guitar!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Custom or Distortion.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1, if that's the type of tone you're after.

If instead you're looking for a more open tone, a bit scooped and less compressed, but which retains some of the character of the JB, try the Custom 5.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I'm going to try the Custom.
          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Patb2 hands down!
            Costs a little more ,but it deserves every penny you pay.Thicker ,wider ,stronger ,heavier and fuller!I am very very happy with them!
            www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

Working...
            X