Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a pickguard opinion.

Hi everyone,

I need some expert opinions on which pickguard I should use. I know, real MAJOR issue right? Anyway, I can't decide which looks better. My son likes the white pearl and I do too, but I also like the "traditional" black. What do you all think? Below are photos of the same guitar with each one installed. (I keep changing back and forth!)

Thanks for any input. Have a happy holiday!

Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

The black gets some of that Brad Gillis vibe going... I´d go with the black.

Comment

The white looks pretty cool too, kind of the old Fender Duo Sonic look. I'd probably go with the black though.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Black all the way...
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I hate the look of MOP pickguards, so you can probably tell what I would suggest. Black PG wins easilly.

I also hate ferrari red on guitars though, so with that in mind, you may want to disregard my advice entirely.

Comment

Black
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

oh yea........... black all the way
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Paint the guitar black and get the white pearl pickguard on it...

But if you leave the guitar red go for the black
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Black. If it had two pups maybe the white one would look better.

Comment

black,black,black, did I say black!The white would look better if it was'nt pearloid.
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

to me, if you want a pretty look, go white.
                      If you want straight ahead rock look, go black... and never go back.
                      (sorry, I had too)

Comment

Black-that looks just like my 86 squier I used to have.

Comment

Both look cool, but the black looks better.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like the black too and I'd cut it for Jake style singles too.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
                              The black gets some of that Brad Gillis vibe going... I´d go with the black.
                              just what I was thinking. Another vote for black here

although the MOP looks cool too. You could always buy another guitar for the MOP p/g.....
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X