Slinkys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinkys?

I can't remember why I thought about using these, but I'm gonna get my Warrior set up in the next day or two (yes I've quit a certain "habit" now. Feel free to congratulate me, and I will reach for the bottle). I want less tension and lower action. My fingers are frigged. I've always used 9's, tune to open-E with my Boss GT-8's tuner (my hearing is crap). I did use the search function and all I got was a frikkin plain white screen and "Done" in my taskbar. So if I've started a wasted thread, that's my excuse.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I love EB regular slinky's. Lately, it's all I've used. I also like D'Addario strings, but I haven't used them in awhile.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Never cared for the regular Slinky sets (10-46), as they're just too loose feeling to me compared to the standard GHS Boomers I use, but I use the Power Slinky (purple package) 11-48 on my string-thru Dinky tuned to D.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I really like Super Slinky's. I have also used Beefy Slinky's for downtuning, and those sound great (but get muddy much quicker than lighter gauge strings).

-a

Comment

Thanx HoWheels, your suggestion has been taken. Guitar went in today, Super Slinkys on the receipt. Now comes the pain of being guitarless with no definite ETA...
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I use 11-48 Power Slinky`s on my RR-3 tuned to E and I must say
            they play great and have a really good feel to it...
            I`ve heard one guy say that they aren`t good for Floyd Rose tremolos
            cause they lose tension over the time or something like that...
            (Does someone know more about that??)
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

oh frak, i was on a high. these are super slinky 9's and i've got a floyd. i thought the tension on the factory strings was too much, hence my choice. i don't think my WRMG would be done so quickly, so if there's something i should know, post your warning.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Well I don`t feel nothing of that...
                The Power Slinky`s do a great job..
                And I do quite a lot of tremolo things...
                Dive bombs and stuff...

yes it`s my first guitar
                with a floyd rose tremolo so I`m having fun with it
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

i have gone back to eb slinky '9's.

they're on my '82 tuned .5 step down and i love how they feel/sound. for the longest time GHS we're on there. they're cheaper too.

Comment

I used to use Slinky's. Can't remember which ones, but I believe they were 9s in a pink packet. I had no problems with them.

The only reason I stopped buying them because some folks around the JCF pointed at there really isn't much difference between brands, particularly if you're changing them regularly. So now I buy a few packs of whatever is going cheap when I drop into a guitar store. I think it was Dean Markleys last time, but it was D'Aquistos before that.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I dont like slinky's. They just dont feel right to me. I use Dean MArkley 2505 9-42 for the last 20 years and never had a problem. I went throuh everything available back then when i was looking for "the right strings" And finaly settled on those. If in a pinch i cant get the Markleys I'll get GHS boomers 9-42 or I'll wait. I dont like the hex core of the D'Addarios either they feel too sharp to the touch. The dean Markleys have a round core and feel smoother and last longer for me anyway.
                      Gil

Comment

Super Slinky's are my strings of choice on all of choice. I tried Dean Markleys, and didn't like them much at all tone wise. Same for GHS Boomers. To bright, almost super treblely (is that a word lol), and were rough on my fingers. D'addrios weren't bad, but I thought they started wearing out to fast.

Comment

Hybrid Slinkys 9-46 and Skinny Top Heavy Bottom 10-52 are my mainstay's. No strings sound as good for as long as these puppies.

Comment

Just picked up a fresh pair of Slinky 9s, on the way home, tonight, for Thursday's gig. Now comes the fun part of trying to find the time to change them out!
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Nuttin but Pink 9s here. D'Addarios have a square core, as was stated above, and Dean Markleys die too fast. When I used DMs, I had to change them once a week. With EB 9s I change them once every few months, and you can get a dozen of them pretty cheap from AMS or MF - $3.xx a pack? Usually $30-$40+ after shipping, but that lasts me a year or more (especially at the rate I buy/sell guitars)
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X