EMG Afterburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG Afterburner

I have been thinking about how to boost a passive EMG pickup and someone suggested this. How do they work? I read they are push/pull and the gain boost is done by rotating the pot (pretty self explainitory). My question is if I get a guitar with a single volume knob configuration can I use the pot as a volume knob or can I only use it to adjust gain boost?
    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Hello- I took one of these out of my DKMG when I put an 81/85 set in. The small circuit board for the AB is integral to the push/pull pot. "in" it has no effect, "out" it turns on the AB and now adjusts the gain. This is why the older DKMG had three pots....vol, tone, AB. EMG does sell a 20db gain boost thats switched on/off with a toggle I believe, but you'd still have to route for the switch. Karl

Comment

I have one installed on my model 3 (I used the space where I took out the tone pot). You cannot use the afterburner as a volume knob. When in the off position, the board is bypassed. When you pull-up on the knob, you then turn the knob to adjust the amount of gain you want.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Hmm.. I thought the MG Series were revised because people favoured active EMG's and had no use for the Turbocharger...? I've kept my '05 WRMG as is, rarely use the TC, though its nice to have it there just in case.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Damn I was looking for something to install in an LTD Alexi to boost the HZ. I may switch it out but I hate the sound of an HZ...Oh well, thanks guys lookng at the schematics that was what I thought.
          I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Working...
          X