Best humbucker in single-coil shape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best humbucker in single-coil shape?

Gonna change the bridge pup on my Fender 68' reissue strat to a small humbucker, and I was wondering what the best pup is? Something with lower output would be preferrable as the original single coils are kinda low output too. Any tips?

Thanx a million
    /thoraby

I love the Dimarzio tone Zone S. Its hot but not over the top.

Comment

I just ordered a Seymour Cool Rails and Vintage Rails for a Kramer Pacer project I'm working on. Should have them this week I hope so I can let you know once I get them. I hear good things about them. Also the Hot Rails is not a bad pup.
      - Adam

Comment

I like all of the following: Duncan Hot/Cool Rails, Dimarzio Fast Track 1/2.
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

SD Lil' 59

Comment

Lil Screamin Demon

Comment

Hot rails owns you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                Hot rails owns you all.
                I agree, the Hot Rails is really good BUT..... it doesn't blend well with stock single coil pickups. Thats why I chose the Lil Screamin Demon. Its fairly low output and blends very well with stock singles.

Comment

I'm needing a bridge HB in SC housing also. My guitar has SD Alnico II singles in the middle and neck positions. It's a Hamer USA Daytona with ash body and maple neck/fretboard. Seems like a Lil' 59 or Screamin Demon might be good choices, but I'm open to suggestions as well.

Comment

jbjr is awesome. leave the 250 pots for less high end fatigue.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Lil Screaming Demon is the right path to choose.The output level ,the dynamics ,the harmonics and articulation is suberb.
                      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

Fair warning about hot rails: the hum is ungodly. If you buy one, buy a noise gate with it. Also (and maybe it was just the one I played) I played an 80's Kramer with a Hot Rail pup that someone had put in, and when I divebombed on the trem it made a horrible, loud, "*POP** sound (like what you get when you have you're pickups up setting up high, but ten times worse.) So keep in mind that if you think the strings may touch it during tremolo antics, either set it really low or get a Cool Rails insted

Comment

Try a DiMarzio SDS-1 in the bridge its around 9k out put with adj pole pieces and is very punchy with great clean tone.Overdrive tone is nice too.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

SD Cool Rails is my favorite

Comment

DiMarzio Cruiser.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X