Anyone using LW mustaine pups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using LW mustaine pups?

I'm thinking of picking em up soon. Anyone use em? I love my JB, but I need more output when doing whammy work.

Originally posted by Death View Post
    I'm thinking of picking em up soon. Anyone use em? I love my JB, but I need more output when doing whammy work.
    I don't own a set, BUT I played through a set of them at Sam Ash not long ago on a new ESP DV8R. The newer ones are coming stock with them now, rather than the passive Duncans. I wanted to check out the guitar, even though it was f*cking huge! hahaha. That V is way too big I tell ya...

Anyway, the tone was massive coming out of that guitar. I was very impressed with the tone overall. Very large and balls to the wall. It felt like the guitar just wanted to jump outta my hands They are definitely not EMG81/85s or anything... think of them more like an active JB and 59, because I think that's just what they are (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I really want a set after playing with them, BUT I am not a fan of the pup covers at all. I love Mustaine, but I don't need his sig anywhere else on my guitars haha. Plus I'm not big on the black chrome look. If they went with a more traditional style pup, or like the EMG look, I'd buy a set today.

I'm not big into massive amounts of power in the pickup department, because I believe you lose some of the "feel" that way. I've never been a huge fan of active pups for this reason, but these felt pretty responsive for active electronics. I'd buy a set of these over EMGs any day, but that's just me I guess. I recommend if you can find a dealer with a DV8R, take them for a test drive and see what you think. Rockin pups!

Hope that helped or made some sense hehe
    - Adam

Comment

Good luck finding a dealer with a DV8 as they are currently discontinued along with the Axxions as Dave's contract with ESP ran out and both parties decided to part ways.
      I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Sam Ash has 2 in stock in Phoenix.....
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

GC here has a set under $200.00
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
            Good luck finding a dealer with a DV8 as they are currently discontinued along with the Axxions as Dave's contract with ESP ran out and both parties decided to part ways.
            Ahh ok I knew that was coming but didn't know it already happened...
            - Adam

Comment

Thanks for the review bro! I know you can order the pups without the gay sig on the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Death View Post
                Thanks for the review bro! I know you can order the pups without the gay sig on the cover.
                Really? I had no idea. Hmmm... I might have to get a set from Seymour then!
                - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post

And the obvious question is??? Not to steer the thread; but? Will Dave go back to Jackson??? Anyone Know?

BTW - The packaging for the DM Pups is HUGE! Its like a shoe box.
                  Yo Quiero Jackson USA Neck Thru "J" Serial Numbered Customs!

Comment

Working...
                  X