Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this look right???

hey all,
    this is a a fender usa floyd rose strat neck that I had stripped from that horrible pumkin orange color then gun oiled.it turned out amazing but the guy who did it for me only had this size decal.My question is does it look correct to size or do you guys think its to big.I have a smaller one if I need to put that one on.Decal is only sealed under 2 coats of poly.LMK what you guys think.

Too big.. go to Best Decals and get the right size.
    -Rick

Comment

thanks Rick already have one from them.

Comment

My only issue with Best Decals Charvel logo is the "MADE IN USA" part of it is a bit too big. The important part is perfect though.
        -Rick

Comment

If it's a Fender, why put a Charvel logo on it?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

why not,i hate fender logos,besides it never hurt jake e lee any

Comment

actually this decal is the same size as the import charvies with the strat heads and i have seen a few usa with decals this size but i just dont like how big it is.hey rick have you ever clear coated over a best decal if so how did it turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by HATEMASK View Post
                hey rick have you ever clear coated over a best decal if so how did it turn out.
                See for yourself...

The decal is under 3 coats of clear... you can just barely feel it when you run your finger accross it.
                -Rick

Comment

The decal I got from bestdecals.com has the small made in USA.Its dead on except it lacks the "tm" at the end.I cleared mine but you can still feel it a little.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just noticed on the web site that the decal is now the proper size. Minus the "TM" of course.
                    I'm not worried about it too much though. Not like I'm going to try and pass mine off as legit anyway.
                    -Rick

Comment

I used 2 part Urethane clear over their decals with no problem. I don't know if Nitro lacquer will work on the vinyl. The FAQ on their website say's not to use Nitro clear lacquer on their decals. So, beware.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

this lookew better to me what do you think

Comment

Working...
                        X