Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddle mounting screws on JT-590 trem

Hi all,

one of the saddle mounting screws on my Jackson Floyd JT-590 (1991 Fusion USA, Bikini Beach ) is broken. (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...and_parts.html )
    Now I want to swap them all for some better ones. Has anybody here tried this? Will the screws for an original Floyd Rose fit?

Max

Edited: Never mind...I misread the question...

Comment

In the Stewmac description for the screws it says that they'll fit Schaller trems, which is what the JT-590 is. So have at it! The thing that happens most often with the JT-590 is that the threads in the baseplate for those screws will strip, which is a major PITA & something to be careful of when tightening down.

Comment

Thanks, gonna order some srews then.

Comment

Good luck on that. Nothing I've ever ordered from StewMac fit my J/C guitars. Doesn't matter what, it just never fits.

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
            .....http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts.html[/url] )
            Now I want to swap them all for some better ones. Has anybody here tried this? Will the screws for an original Floyd Rose fit?

Max
            The Intonation screws for current production Schaller trems and OFRs are 100% identical, black M2.5x6 allen head bolts. They are interchangeable and identical in quality as well as a result. The same holds true for the M3x8 allen head bolts on the locking nut.

Originally posted by dg View Post
            In the Stewmac description for the screws it says that they'll fit Schaller trems, which is what the JT-590 is. So have at it! The thing that happens most often with the JT-590 is that the threads in the baseplate for those screws will strip, which is a major PITA & something to be careful of when tightening down.
            +1, the Stewmac Screws should work just fine, as they´re the same ones Schaller packages in sets of 6 and sends all over the world

As far as the baseplates go, I have a source for the newer style withthe brass inserts to alleviate the stripping issues. PM me if anyone needs one

Originally posted by jeff300 View Post
            Good luck on that. Nothing I've ever ordered from StewMac fit my J/C guitars. Doesn't matter what, it just never fits.
            Not really surprising, as Stewmac sells "generic" parts not purpose made to fit any manufacturer in particular. The key is knowing exactly what you have and exactly what they´re selling, and then knowing how to set up the replacements properly (this isn´t meant as a jab, btw). Stewmac was never intended to cater to the end consumer, but to techs.

Comment

I havent ordered them yet cause I bought a PC-1 today. I figure thats better than just screws. I mean everybody has screws, right. Gonna buy them next week.

As for Stewmac: since Im in Germany I order them from a german parts dealer who sells all kinds of stuff you need to build a guitar (including tonewood). My guess is they sell original Schaller parts.

Comment

Dude, if you´re in Germany order them from Rockinger.com like I used to, or I should still have a set lying around somewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                  Dude, if you´re in Germany order them from Rockinger.com like I used to, or I should still have a set lying around somewhere..
                  Thats exactly the dealer I was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                  X