Has anyone ever tried to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever tried to....

Wet sand a decent shape body and resprayed it? I have a body with no major damage but I want to do a custom job on it. Just wondering if this will work as it does on many other surfaces or do I have to fully strip it? I have no gouges or knicks so I dont think i need to take it all the way down? Let me know what you think?
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

yep! and there are about 6-7 really good threads about this already! Read the rules, try the search! and welcome. We do ALOT of hacking up guitars here, and there are a few really good guys, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
      Wet sand a decent shape body and resprayed it? I have a body with no major damage but I want to do a custom job on it. Just wondering if this will work as it does on many other surfaces or do I have to fully strip it? I have no gouges or knicks so I dont think i need to take it all the way down? Let me know what you think?
      Also, no need to strip it all the way down. Just "scuff" the paint by wet sanding, you will be able to see as you go what needs to be sanded.
      If you do strip all the way down, and you really shouldnt unless you have done a pervious paint job and you dont want to stack another on top, make sure to use a sanding block so as not to gouge the body.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Thanks thats what i figured just wanted to be sure before hackin away at this one, seeming this is the first i havent had to take gouges out of!

As for search just tell me why when i do it it freezes everytime and ill do that lol ! Thanks!
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

One little tidbit I have to add is to make sure and clean the body very well before you start sanding on it. A good strong detergent, or even better, an automotive type "wax and grease remover" are the preferred choices. If there is any wax or oils on the guitar, you'll sand them right into the finish, and cause many headaches later.

I'm glad to see AzPilot recommending sanding blocks now.....we may learn to get along after all.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
          X