Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestions on who is good for a repaint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions on who is good for a repaint.

Well I'm thinking of getting my Ibanez 540pII repainted.
    Currently it is a standard shade of red and I would like it to be repainted in neon green with possibly a matching headstock. ( I'm assuming I can just buy a new black logo decal and slap it on afterwards)

I have seen I believe Marty Bell was his name suggested in one of the threads. Anybody have any other people to look into?

Also since I have never done anything like this before will I run into anything tricky while disassembling the guitar? Like is the bolton neck strictly just bolted on or might it be glued too?

Thanx for any tips and suggestions you can offer.

Mike

Daneen did my work. http://www.customairbrush.com/ great price, fast turnaround and pretty good work.

If you neck is a bolt-on, then taking off the neck plate should do it--no glue. You'll need to take off all the hardware and when doing so, take a photo first and document everything so you'll can recontruct it back to it's original format.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Marty is excellent For decals see www.best-decals.com. Use these decals only if you do not clear coat with Nitro lacquer. They are made from Vinyl and are very accurate. Alone by themselves or using a 2 part Urethane clear works great.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

well I dont need to have anything overly fancy done, just want a transformation from red to Neon Green with matching headstock. Like this mock up.

I'm not overly worried if the logo gets painted over as I can get a black replacement decal. Although the white logo looks kinda cool against the green and matchs the inlays.

Comment

Tha't quite nice...yesterday i went to see a guy who sprays mainly cars but showed me different paint effects with flakes/pearls as i'm into that sort of stuff. I like the neon glow but it does't last. You all probably have the best sources in the States although it is getting a little better in England as long as we can get the distributors.

Comment

You might also consider PMing Mark (mm2002) right here. He does amazing work, and recently did one for himself very close to that color. I saw some pics of the red flake job he just did on Tim's neckthrough tele, and it is awesome!

Comment

rsguitarworks.net they do incredible work.They do graphics too.They did my offset bullseye/checkerboard Jackson,black and yellow bullseye Charvel mod 2 strathead mutt.They did a killer volcano graphic as well.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You should contact Newc. He is no longer just a nutjob with a can of Krylon. Nowadays he's a nutjob with a can of Krylon AND a book he got off Ebay on how to do it like the pros do.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Seriously - you can try contacting mm2002. Mark has painted guitars for a number of folks here. Right now he's finishing up a Jackson Telly for me. The in-progress pics have been amazing.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                  X