Floyd problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd problem?

Does anyone else ever experience their high E or B string sounding really twangy or almost like a sitar kind of sound when you play it unplugged? Is the problem with the nut or the bridge? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, happened to me on my new Charvel, on the B string. I noticed when I'd open the lock nut, the problem went away, but I've since determined it's the fine tuner. Adjust your fine tuner a little, it should go away.

New Floyds don't seem to be as good as older ones for some reason, and I seem to also get some rattling/buzzing going on from the fine tuners or from the string lock pins.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've had two new charvels. The blue one never did it, but the red one even after switching to a chrome floyd from black does it.

It's just 'there' not really bothersome.

Comment

Yeah, my KV2 does that on the high E string. It only does when I pick it open string.
        It goes away through the amp but its kinda annoying.

Comment

Hmm ... I don't notice this on any of my floyds ...

-a

Comment

my e string on my dk2 does it.. its not really a citar sound but there's an extra high pitch ring coming out from it
            If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

May be your trem springs giving out a sympathectic vibration.The string may be vibrating on the first fret.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Also you may have a floyd nut that needs tweaking.Sometimes the coating causes the strings to do that.You may have a shim under the nut thats bent or slipped back toward the fingerboard.I know that sounds stupid but I have seen that happen.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X