Explain the ADA MP1 Preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain the ADA MP1 Preamp

I`ve heard George Lynch and Vito Bratta to name a few have used this. I`ve always been a amp and pedal guy so I`m not sure how the ADA preamp works. Is it to be used with a power amp and a standard guitar speaker cab? Can it be used with a guitar amp that dosen`t have and effect loop or is it best to run it with a power amp? Thanks in advance

ideally yes it is designed to be linked to a power amp and in turn cabinets.

Comment

Several pics of MP-1 rigs in this link..
      http://www.adadepot.com/cool_things/.../rigpics1.htm#

The guys at the Ada depot knows anything worth knowing about ADA-related things, and probably a little more too
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Alex Skolnick ran one into the main front input of a Marshall JCM900 head. I did run mine through the loop on my JCM900 but I'm now running through a Peavey power amp. You can set up lots of different patches/sounds so you can easily switch between lead/rhythm sounds, clean etc.
        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Thanks for all the info. So basically you need the ADA, a power amp and of course a speaker cab and I`m good to go. So what is there to look for in a power amp? I`d like a nice one but one that won`t break my wallet.

Comment

look for a Mosvalve MV-962 power amp...that is if you dont mind Solid State. i have one and it works fine, and i paid 125 bucks for it y ou can find them on Ebay sometimes for under 200! use it with my Peavey Rockmaster and its really nice

you can also get Peavey poweramps pretty cheap...the Classic series are good and cheap, im looking at getting one in the future. or a SS Carvin, which are one space and pretty cheap. lots of options if you look around
            My metal band Lucian Scott
            Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
            Available Now!
            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I have my MP-1 running through a VHT 2/90/2 power amp. Just awesome tone all the way around. I got mine for around $800 but I've seen some of the VHT 2150 power amps go for $700 on Ebay. I'd say don't go cheap with a power amp. The MP-1s sound great with a lot of power amps, but make sure you're buying a tube power amp and not a solid state. Just my .02.

Comment

Working...
              X