Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frets on the net no longer ships international-any other suggestions for parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frets on the net no longer ships international-any other suggestions for parts?

It would seem that a few people (outside of this well mannered forum naturally) have spoiled it for the rest of us that wanted our own way helpful and cool Budman to send parts internationally.

He mentions on his website that some customers were advising him that parts they ordered "never actually arrived" time and time again. Talk about talking advantage of a great fellow eh?

Now that I finally got around to putting my Model 375 together and really needing an oversized Jackson ring I find out that a few clowns ruined it for me and probably countless others.

Has anyone any suggestions as to where I could order said pickup ring?

Thanks all!
    Last edited by vklobucar; 11-06-2006, 07:36 PM.

I don't blame brother Dave at all. You can only lose so much money, and deal with so much bullshit, before you finally say fuck 'em all. It's too bad that a small number of fucking dumbasses can ruin something good for all the honest folks...but it happens everyday........just look at ebay.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

That's really disheartening.
      But I understand and respect Dave's decision. Nobody should have to deal with shit like that.

Comment

Simple: have someone you trust in the States order what you need from Dave (who is awesome btw) then send the stuff on to you.
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Guys, I'm so sorry about this as I have received a LOT of feedback for this move. I'm sure you read the notice on the website so I won't go into here but I'd like to make a point that I have no idea if it is the actual customer or Customs that are playing games in this case. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specifically but in the end, I'm the one that's losing and at a hobby type situation, I just can't afford it anymore. I've gone to lengths talking with the Post Office about what I can do to rectify the situation but they said once it hits customs, unfortunately it's anyones guess what can happen to the package......real friggin nice. I can do a return receipt with registered mail but that still doesn't mean that parts won't turn up "missing" after Customs has gone through it.

I truly appreciate all the kind words and all the honest people who I've dealt with but unfortunately things like this happen. It sucks, it blows, however you want to put it. I've made a lot of great international friends through this and it has been a great experience for me so it really does pain me to say no to those who can't get these items anywhere else.

Admins, if you feel I'm out of line, I understand since I'm not a dealer here but I wanted to voice my view in public on this matter....

Thanks for the time-
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave, you need to set up a European distributor, if your hobby shop keeps growing. I can start as the CEO over here right now

Seriously, I'm sorry it turned out this way and I fully understand your decision to minimize the hassle and the cost.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sounds fishy to me Dave. I have never had a problem with anything you have shipped getting lost. In fact, I've never had a problem with anything shipped from anywhere getting lost. Sounds to me like dishonest people taking advantage. I don't blame you at all for bowing out. You don't need that kind of hassle.

I assume I can still have stuff shipped to my PO Box in the U.S right?
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

One solution might be to maintain a "trusted buyer" list, as in some type of pre-approval before you buy? If someone is a trusted customer, and you have ALL their info, I would think the likelyhood of scamming would be cut down dramatically...

I've been really lucky in shipping overseas (at least until the Swedish post office turned a tele neck into a boatload of splinters last month, but I digress...).

Most of my stuff is under a pound, so no need to fill out a customs form - just send plain vanilla Airmail, which eliminates handling by the Customs goonies. Maybe ship in multiple lots under a pound if customs are the problem?

Just my $.02/thinking out loud
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

It is sad really for us overseas people..
                  But there are always some idiots that
                  use good people...

Maybe it would be better like missionguitars said
                  and to always send over some airmail that is fast
                  and ok a little bit more expensive but if you really
                  want the stuff you will pay it...
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Special-K, didn't you just post a link to Daves site on a German board, saying "Super seller", possibly causing even more European requests to Dave?

Maybe pull the link again, so he won't get a lot of German requests
                    Last edited by jackson1; 11-07-2006, 03:49 PM.
                    Henrik

Comment

Yes I did it...

And I think that the people can read and I have posted
                      the update already
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

(deleted)
                        Last edited by jackson1; 11-07-2006, 04:29 PM.
                        Henrik

Comment

I've lost stuff from trusted sources in the past as well (not Dave!). There's not a lot you can do when it's crossing international borders. Just eat it and try again. Which sucks. So I understand exactly where Dave's coming from. But it still sucks. Dave's product and service is second to none.
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas and I appreciate it very much. Just wish I could figure out a safe way..

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post

Most of my stuff is under a pound, so no need to fill out a customs form - just send plain vanilla Airmail, which eliminates handling by the Customs goonies. Maybe ship in multiple lots under a pound if customs are the problem?

Just my $.02/thinking out loud
                            Thank you very much for the thoughts, any info is helpful but unfortunately when I send parts that weigh 13 oz. or less, they need a CN22 Customs form. I even take the extra step to make the package look like it's from some person, not a company letterhead or anything like that just so people aren't tempted to try and "pocket" anything.
                            Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                              Sounds fishy to me Dave. I have never had a problem with anything you have shipped getting lost. In fact, I've never had a problem with anything shipped from anywhere getting lost. Sounds to me like dishonest people taking advantage. I don't blame you at all for bowing out. You don't need that kind of hassle.

I assume I can still have stuff shipped to my PO Box in the U.S right?
                              absolutely!

As for not trusting people, I hope you're wrong about that because some of them I would consider online friends and would hope that wouldn't happen -
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X