Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying decals

Hi all,
    Just got finished gun oiling my stripped fender strat neck and would like to apply a waterslide decal.I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to do it.I dont want to spay the headstock and seal it under clear so how can i apply one and seal over it bieng that the headstock is oiled.thanks

Just put the decal on and be done. Because you choose not to clear over it, it'll still show the outline of the decal, but it will look fine. A little more finesse in the trimming of the decal will be important here, but you'll be ok.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

The do-it-yourself decal paper I got last year said to soak the decal in water and let it separate from the backing, but that didn't work too well for me - either all the glue melted away or I had a puddle of water dripping from the head.

So what I did was take a few paper towels and wet them generously and then lay the decal flat on them. As the paper and glue soak up the water more slowly than drowning them, it's easier to just slide the decal off the backing and still have plenty of glue on the decal itself.

As for a clearcoat just to protect the decal (as opposed to a permanent installation), try some ModPodge glue. It dries clear but you can easily knock it off when you get ready.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X