Rusty Cooley 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty Cooley 7 string

Do any of you guys know if the Dean rusty cooley 7 string is going to be introduced at NAMM 07.

Im a student of rusty's and he tells me that it will debut at winter namm 07.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Originally posted by guitar08man View Post
      Saying that made me check out your Myspace site
      I recognized you once I saw the pic though, you're real good! And that guitar.. One of a kind? Keep up the awesome shredding
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by guitar08man View Post
        lucky SOB

Comment

Patrick, I really dig the "never enough nintendo" song, very nice.

And I really want to see the the cooley sig.. I've been gassing for a 7string some time now
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

3 things

1) it looks exactly like his old jackson bar the headstock - why not just get jackson to make him a new one?

2) dean is an odd guitar manufacturer to go for for a shred guitar, or did they approach him?

3) why wouldn't ibanez make him the guitar he wanted given the fact they seem to love their shred guitarists?

Comment

yeah , a 7 string floyded jackson dinky wouldn't be that bad - especially if they'd do a ebony fretboard version with binding :pp

The Ibanez thing is beyond me - Rusty had one of the better looking 7 string sigs just like Dino Cazares - none of them got a sig , not even Petrucci got a 7 string JMP production model :O

And you know ... Dream Theater , Fear Factory - those aren't "little" bands

Comment

thanks guys!
                www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

I saw him with a Jackson and it looked awesome.I don't know why he's gone to Dean.Weird!
                  www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                    3 things

1) it looks exactly like his old jackson bar the headstock - why not just get jackson to make him a new one?

see my answer to question 2...

2) dean is an odd guitar manufacturer to go for for a shred guitar, or did they approach him?

maybe dean offered him a really good endorsement deal...multiple free guitars, adverts, and maybe even paying him tobe in their ads

3) why wouldn't ibanez make him the guitar he wanted given the fact they seem to love their shred guitarists?
                    for the longest time ibanez wouldnt make a sig 7 string for others as it was vai's idea...he had final say...ibanex had to go to him to make sure it was ok to make a korn sig model
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

1. Rusty'd have to pay to get a Jackson, even if just an endorser's price. I doubt he'll have to pay for his Deans. Plus, Dean will market this model, and presumably Rusty will be in on that deal. For all we know, Jackson might not have been interested in doing anything with him.

2. Dean has been fairly aggressive recently about endorsements, so I wouldn't be surprised if they approached him. They also have Michael Angelo as an endorser, so they are clearly interested in the shredders.

3. Ibanez made him a couple of one-offs--a 7-string and an 8-string, but they were basically just custom RGs made at the LACS. Dean is making a guitar to Rusty's specs. It won't be a cheapy, either.

Comment

YES! i can't wait to see it!

Comment

cool thanx for answering those questipons for me

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
                            yeah , a 7 string floyded jackson dinky wouldn't be that bad - especially if they'd do a ebony fretboard version with binding :pp
                            I wouldn't hold your breath on that one...
                            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                              3 things

ummm, the greatest shredder of all (michael angelo batio) endorses dean, so did dime.

Comment

Working...
                              X