Floyd not recessed? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd not recessed? Why?

Hi guys. I've noticed that a lot of the custom shop guitars you guys are having made do not have the recessed Floyd Rose. I was wondering why you prefer this. If it is not recessed, you can't pull back on it, right? Is it because it wobbles out of tune when you rest your hand on it?
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Myself, and alot of people prefer a non recessed trem, and you can do pullups, unless it's mounted really low.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

It puts the bridge higher off the body, like a Les Paul TOM bridge, and has its neck tilted back more to accomodate this. Like Jacksonaxes said, you can put it down lower for less pull back or you can mount it flush on the body in some instances for dives only.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A little offtopic can someone tell me if the RR-3(Pro Series) has it recessed or not?..
        Cause I someone has mentioned that...
        On the other side I heard that some say it has not..
        So who has a RR-3(06 Pro series) please tell me...
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I actually like both recessed and non-recessed Floyds, but I guess most people prefer one over the other simply because of the way they want their right wrist positioned. It´s definitely a difference.

EDIT: I can´t imagine anything else than that the RR3 has a recessed trem.

Comment

@Dave L
            Thank you for the answer
            (You have made me happy now )
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
              I actually like both recessed and non-recessed Floyds, but I guess most people prefer one over the other simply because of the way they want their right wrist positioned. It´s definitely a difference.
              Yeah, I could never feel comfortable using a Floyd because I learned to play on a guitar with a Kahler. When I tried to play a guitar with a Floyd, the fine tuners would get in the way because they were sticking up. Those low profile Ibanez trems are better in that regard.
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                Yeah, I could never feel comfortable using a Floyd because I learned to play on a guitar with a Kahler. When I tried to play a guitar with a Floyd, the fine tuners would get in the way because they were sticking up. Those low profile Ibanez trems are better in that regard.
                The Floyd Rose Pro has a similar design with the fine tuners like the Ibanez.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I definitely prefer non-recessed for the reasons stated above - bridge height and neck angle. Pulling back has never been a problem with mine, as I set them up to accomodate it.

Btw, this topic should be a sticky. There's so many idiotic myths floating around about non-recessed Floyds...
                  Last edited by Sunbane; 10-31-2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                    I can't figure how anyone could rest their hand so far back that they'd even hit the fine tuners.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've had Kahler, non-recessed and recessed floyd guitars, and I've never had the kind of playing issues talked about, either. My last project guitar was a non-recess, merely because it was meant to be a tribute to 80s metal gods, of a sorts, and is blocked for dive only. That said, my next project, which is underway, is a recessed floyd body. Only thing I like better about them is the greater amount of pull-up, possible.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        It puts the bridge higher off the body, like a Les Paul TOM bridge, and has its neck tilted back more to accomodate this. Like Jacksonaxes said, you can put it down lower for less pull back or you can mount it flush on the body in some instances for dives only.
                        yeah i dont feel comfortable playing recessed floyds or hardtails, even some V-trems. for years i played nothing but guitars with badass or TOM bridges.
                        Kahlers i never had a problem with playing i just dont like the feel of them.

Comment

What are the biggest differences between Kahler and Schaller Floyd Rose
                          Tremolo Systems?
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 07:00 PM.
                            Just a guitar player...

Comment

I can play on anything but if given a choice I'll take a recessed floyd, more pullup room and just a better looking guitar I think

Comment

Working...
                              X