Input on the Bill Lawrence L500XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input on the Bill Lawrence L500XL

Anyone like these? I hear theyre very similar to the Duncan Dime... Thinking of trying a set.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Did you do a search?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Too thin...Went with the X2n instead.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I'm told the 500XL has assymetrical coils - so if it sounds too thin, you can try putting it in reversed, like Dime did. Apparently he had the treble coil towards the neck.

Comment

I've been told by sources close to B&B that that's just bollocks...

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
            I've been told by sources close to B&B that that's just bollocks...

what part? The pickup sounds thin or you can turn in around to correct this?

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I've heard these are thin too..I had a BL in my N4 and I did not care for it much, not sure if it was the XL tho.

Comment

I really like this pickup. I have one in the bridge of both my SLATQH and Les Paul.

Comment

Thanks guys... was either looking at these, or for a nice chrome covered pickup set. Trying to see whats out there, looking to try something new.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

OK the BL pickups in jacksons & washburns were the one that arent really BL's or at least i think the one bill & becky make are much closer to the originals. look into them, personally i prefer the L, its sounds a little fuller, not as much output. i tried one of the other ones with the thinner rails bill lawrence USA & thought it sounded like crap. thin harsh & just not musical, tho it maybe good for a serious rack or a mud monster of an amp cause it had great clarity & harmonics, but toneless.

Comment

I guess I should clarify that I was refering to the Bill & Becky 500xl. I have no experience with the other company's version.

Comment

the bill and becky 500's are great and are worth far more than the $50 they charge but be warned they are very biting and do not have a lot of a$$ to them
                        if you use one and need to crank the bass on the amp your neck pup may get muddy?
                        they have the CFH or VDOP tone with a solid state amp and with a all tuber they sound great as well
                        my engls seems to like em
                        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                          what part? The pickup sounds thin or you can turn in around to correct this?

joe...
                          The flipping thing. I have it on authority that it makes el-zilcho difference...

I agree they don't sound like conventional pickups... however I like the sound, thick but not hugely warm. In comparing these to Evos, which are another pickup I like, I find the Evos are easier to get harmonics out of, a tinge more clarity, but not the same "bark" I get from the XLs. Soon I'm going to try the Dimebucker finally and see how it compares to the original.

Comment

The ones I was considering were the ones made by Bill Lawrence USA, not Bill and Beckys.

Comment

Before anybody starts squawkin' like "what's the difference, huh, 2 companies? Duhhhh?" Go here and click on the links:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46337

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X