Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel sighting! In the hands of shredder Alex Masi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel sighting! In the hands of shredder Alex Masi.

I just came across pictures of Alex Masi's Mexico show on his website and even though he has an endrsment deal with some other company he seems to be playing just this one Charvel. He's an amazing guitar player and I always belived he should be apart of the Jackson/Charvel family.

More pictures here.....
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Charvel sighting! In the hands of shredder Alex Masi.

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
    I just came across pictures of Alex Masi's Mexico show on his website...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Theyre not that good [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    [innuendo mode off]
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Immature Jamesy

Comment

Alex has been a Charvel player for a while. In the video for "God Promised A Paradise", he's got a couple stratheads..
      Occupy JCF

Comment

i didnt think it was that possible to wear a guitar that high.

Dave

Comment

Ted Nugent also plays his guitar that high. There was an aricle written about it, saying that it is the proper way to play given the way the human body is formed. Alex Masi used to appear in Charvel ads for the Fusion series back around 1990........

Comment

Yep, and that String Thru 750XL he's got there is also Fusion scaled!

Comment

Shawn Lane had a 750XL like that back in the day also....

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
                Shawn Lane had a 750XL like that back in the day also....
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He does mention Shawn when talking about that guitar here.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by terrax:
                  i didnt think it was that possible to wear a guitar that high.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Many players who play technically demanding stuff have the guitar up high. Off the top of my head I can think of John Petrucci, Tony Macalpine and Allan Holdsworth.

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
                    Ted Nugent also plays his guitar that high. There was an aricle written about it, saying that it is the proper way to play given the way the human body is formed.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, But it doesn't look Good [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

My God, I didn't think anyone had ever heard of this guy. I haven't heard about him since I bought his album on Vinyl!

I keep searching Kazaa and find nothing and tried yahoo also. Is his stuff still available.
                      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I play all mine that high. Its the only way to keep from getting terrible wrist and hand/elbow/shoulder pain. It may not be visually appealing, but it sure feels good. (sidenote) Kinda reminds me of some girls I used to know.

Comment

Real men wear their guitars high! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I remember hearing and reading of Alex a very long time ago. Though, I don't think I've ever heard any of his stuff... at least not that I can remember.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah... Masi has been playing Charvels since the very late 80's/early 90's. I was fortunate enough to see him in person at a local music store doing a promo/demo for his album back in 1990 or so.... He used to play a bright orange 750, I think.
                            Brad

Comment

Jackson's back bevel is designed for that area of the rib cage, whereas Fender's back bevel is designed for the stomach.

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X