Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evanescence on Jay Leno Tonight!!! (Jackson artist)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evanescence on Jay Leno Tonight!!! (Jackson artist)

Hey, Evanescence is on the Tonight Show today (tuesday) at 11:35EST. They're currently my favorite band and the guitarist plays a Jackson!

Re: Evanescence on Jay Leno Tonight!!! (Jackson artist)

It's a repeat. While I like the band a lot, this performance was not very impressive.

Save yourself from watching or recording the show and just download the (video) performance on Kazaa. It's readily accessible.

Comment

I believe the guitarist has since signed with ESP.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

The 'hired hand' guitarist John LeCompt is an ESP endorser, but Ben Moody the songwriter is a staunch Jackson man.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I honestly wonder how many of you would be into this band if Ben Moody was playing a PRS instead of a Jackson. I mean, really.

Comment

I have their latest CD and it is really good. Very interesting and well produced with lots of hooks. It's certainly commercial but very good. The hit that is on the radio is probably the weakest song on the entire CD.

Comment

I liked this band before I knew the guy played Jackson... then, I saw a link to Evanescence from Jackson's website and I liked them all the more. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Amy Lee's voice opposite the heavy guitars is a very nice change of pace from angry sounding guys all of the time.

[ July 08, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: DCZX ]

Comment

Ehh.. they're cool. I like Lacuna Coil better, though.

Comment

Yea i like these guys, that chicks voice is amazing i think...

Comment

I have yet to hear a female fronted band top The Gathering's "Nightime Birds" !!!

Anneke's voice / singing on that album is so AWESOME ...There newer material is a little too poppy for me...unfortunately

I highly reguard "Nightime Birds" as a friggin' masterpiece considering it came out over six years ago .....and that includes other great bands as Nightwish , Lucuna Coil , Rain Fell Within , Theatre of Tragedy and so on...

who else has this CD ...your thoughts?

[ July 09, 2003, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill -

"Nighttime Birds" is a classic, and Anneke kicks SERIOUS ass on it. I saw them live, too, on the "How to Measure a Planet" tour, and she was great in that setting. Very cool & nice, too.

The stuff after "Birds" is a little too "poppy" for me, too, but the album before it, "Mandylion" is about the equal of it, IMO. Great stuff.

I've also just arranged to get some Lacuna Coil, after seeing them kick butt live a few weeks ago. Hopefully, the discs will be good, too.

I like the Evenesence tune, even if it is just Linkin Park with quality female vocals. Good hook. The rest of the album isn't as strong, though, IMO.

Mike
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I'm just grabbing a couple of tunes to check out The Gathering now (always follow up on Bill's Recommendations - he'll rarely steer you wrong [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). I've never listened to them before, but like what I'm hearing so far. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As far as female fronted bands, I know I'm flogging a dead horse here (having mentioned Skin in a bunch of threads in the past) but it all begins and ends with Skunk Anansie for me. I know they're not "metal" enough for some around here, but I think they were a great hard rock band and Skin is one of the best vocalists I've heard.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Eh Evanescence are Lacuna Coil wannabes...All of a sudden all these pop loving friends I have like Evanescence but don't even know who Lacuna Coil are...Damned record labels...if they'd spend some money marketing some of the underground metal bands like Lacuna Coil I'm sure metal would be a much more profitable genre....

Comment

Evanescence has been around since 98 or 99
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                              Bill -

"Nighttime Birds" is a classic, and Anneke kicks SERIOUS ass on it. I saw them live, too, on the "How to Measure a Planet" tour, and she was great in that setting. Very cool & nice, too.

The stuff after "Birds" is a little too "poppy" for me, too, but the album before it, "Mandylion" is about the equal of it, IMO. Great stuff.

I've also just arranged to get some Lacuna Coil, after seeing them kick butt live a few weeks ago. Hopefully, the discs will be good, too.

I like the Evenesence tune, even if it is just Linkin Park with quality female vocals. Good hook. The rest of the album isn't as strong, though, IMO.

Mike
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I heard the rapper dude was just put on that song for the commercial version, but the real version of the song doesn't have that dork's voice on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X