Dave's DV-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave's DV-8

I saw the ad for the new Mustaine guitar today, (old news I'm sure) it looked like a cheap rip off of a Jackson. Was in the guitar world with the interview as well, where he seemed to admit that Marty was alot better than Al P. Since Dave's warbly, tinny tone was about the worst in metal, what is the attraction to his gear?? He stated he was the #1 endorser for Jackson which I'm sure was the case, but he doesn't seem like someone who could move a lot of sig. guitars anymore.

[ July 03, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: markpb ]

Re: Dave\'s DV-8

Most of us, including me gave the ESP DV-8 a very good rating of [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Maybe the DV8 will play really nice and turn out to be a cool guitar, but I'm disappointed. I look at Jeff Hanneman's sig ESP, which I think is incredible, and then wonder why an 8-ball inlay was the best Dave could come up with.
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, Jeffs ESP was done right for sure, but I like his older Soloist alot better [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I don`t hate ESP or anything like that, i just like the neck profile on the Soloist better and that swings me towards the Soloist style neck on the current Jacksons. Jack.

Comment

Warbly, tinny tone? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

What CD and on what brand of CD player are your listening to?

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Rust in Piece, Peace Sells, So Far So Good are the worst of the bunch for Mustaine tone, to me. It just totally lacks balls. When I saw them live it was the same deal. The production on their albums wasn't usually very good, so it could be a factor. Countdown to Extinction was better, and after that I quit buying them.

Comment

Hmm, I've always thought the production on Countdown was a little thin and their worst sounding album. For me, Rust In Peace and Cryptic Writings were the best, followed by The World Needs a Hero. But, hey, that's just me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The 8 ball just kills me.
                www.kiddhavok.com
                www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
                  The 8 ball just kills me.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's almost killed Dave a few times, too. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam - [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Ba dum bum pssssh! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

To me, Youthanasia always had the best tone - most of those power chords were brutal.

Comment

anybody know where i can find a pic of this guitar. i refuse to buy guitar world so that is not an option. in fact, i won't even touch that rag. so a link would work. anyone?

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

nevermind. i just saw a pic of it.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I agree with you assessment of Guitar World. I flipped through it at a chapters to find and interview mentioned in a thread here, but generally I wouldn't even consider it. It's numetal rag central, a total waste of paper.

[ July 06, 2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: markpb ]

Comment

Working...
                              X