oh lord please no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh lord please no

Anthrax on trl? please metal gods show some mercy. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

http://www.anthrax.com/html/ANTHRAX_TRL.htm....
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: oh lord please no

That's good. More exposure for them = more money in the long run for record and concert sales. Besides, the new album is still great ****, so if that made TRL, forgive the cheesy expression, but "The Revolution Has Started" [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes that is true, more money, more exposure, and more concert tickets selling for the band. And it is true, the new album is pretty cool. But have things really come to this? The reason I posted the first message is because its sad that metal has been on somewhat of a decline for the last few years. TRL is the embodiment of everything I hate about music. I would hate to see a band like anthrax on there thats all. Bring back the HeadBangers Ball, air it on mtv for four hours a day from 2-6, play anthrax on there (which they played on the ball last week, except it was on MTV2) and I will be happy.

Comment

I picked up the new one yesterday. The first anthrax since White Noise I've gotten, other than replacements for my worn out Joey B era casettes.

Really good overall. Fewer leads than they used to have though. Ryth work is pretty brutal. Bush sounds excellent. Black Daliah and Safe home are my faves so far.

Normie
        FWIW

Comment

So Metal shouldn't be popular among the spendhappy, concertgoing, tomorrow's-musicians teens? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yes its true my generation likes to spend money. And it is also true that they go to concerts. But not metal concerts. How many kids my age did i see at the dimmu borgir or the haunted show? Unless kids my age (19) start really expanding their metal interests instead of just listening to popular metal that their friends listen to, and start to appreciate metal for what its worth, I really dont want to see a band like anthrax, who inspired me to start playing guitar, on trl with brittany or someone like that. And about the whole future musicians thing. If you consider pop punk and radio metal rip off bands the bands of the future, then the future doesnt look to good.

Comment

Yes its true my generation likes to spend money. And it is also true that they go to concerts. But not metal concerts. How many kids my age did i see at the dimmu borgir or the haunted show? Unless kids my age (19) start really expanding their metal interests instead of just listening to popular metal that their friends listen to, and start to appreciate metal for what its worth, I really dont want to see a band like anthrax, who inspired me to start playing guitar, on trl with brittany or someone like that. And about the whole future musicians thing. If you consider pop punk and radio metal rip off bands the bands of the future, then the future doesnt look to good. If i had it my way, i would put on some testament and drive around with it turned all the way up. Long live true metal

Comment

Yes its true my generation likes to spend money. And it is also true that they go to concerts. But not metal concerts. How many kids my age did i see at the dimmu borgir or the haunted show? Unless kids my age (19) start really expanding their metal interests instead of just listening to popular metal that their friends listen to, and start to appreciate metal for what its worth, I really dont want to see a band like anthrax, who inspired me to start playing guitar, on trl with brittany or someone like that. And about the whole future musicians thing. If you consider pop punk and radio metal rip off bands the bands of the future, then the future doesnt look to good. If i had it my way, i would put on Be ALl End All and drive around with it turned all the way up. Long live true metal

Comment

Nice triple post, you post wh*re, you!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, TRL reflects what the majority of people wanna hear (mostly teens across America), so look at it this way: More people wanna hear Anthrax. They'll pick up the album for that song (which is quite tame compared to the rest of the record) and they'll hear Black Daliah and get a taste of some real metal [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Scott Ian has some pull at Mtv not much but some, he was a Vj for awhile (vh1)so I sure that didn't hurt.I don't think you will see a run of metal bands on TRL anytime soon.Plus they are a NYC band
                      www.kiddhavok.com
                      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I don't really get your point, gold moon soloist. You want kids your age to get a taste of the "real metal" instead of listening to the pretend poseur crap that's popular now. They should appreciate metal bands like Anthrax instead of Kron, Limp Biscotte, et al. And yet, Anthrax getting exposure on TRL is problem for you? If the future includes bands like Anthrax getting on mainstream music programs, I don't things look as bad as you might believe. It might even turn a few people who are looking for something a little better than the other bands you mentioned.

Is it a problem because they may potentially turn on a few new fans and you'll lose that feeling of exclusivity you currently enjoy while all your peers are buying Gnu-Metal albums instead?
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Actually, if trl turned people on to anthrax, and real metal was the mainstream, i would be happy as a clam. My problem is seeing a band like anthrax who i love on a show like trl, which corrupts people's minds. Ultimately, the fans decide what should and should not be on trl, so if they take it upon themselves to do vote safe home on to it, i hope they do it because they love and appreciate the music, and not because their friends did it.

Comment

On Living Colour's Time Tunnel video, Vernon Reid says if people get into them because of their music, their message, the singer's hair or the way neoprene fits him, he doesn't care. As long as they get it.

For whatever reason Anthrax's song is voted on to TRL, whether it's because they like the video; like the song; it's cool at school to say you dig Anthrax; because their friends did; it doesn't matter. What matters is that they're on there, and potentially opening the eyes and ears of a group of people that otherwise may not have given them a second listen.

Exposure is exposure. Do they make you complete a survey as to your intentions when you vote for a tune on TRL? Y'know, to ensure that people are voting for "the right reasons"

[ July 03, 2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: VitaminG ]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

if anthrax are getting aired on a mainstream show then i think thats a good thing, if people want to watch anthrax then hopefully more metal will get aired and become popular, even if its just a trend i donyt care, it means i will be able to get more metal in the shps for me to buy then im happy

even if anthrax are cool for a week then it cant be too bad, hopefully they can start a few kids on the road to the headbanging life (the same way metallica started me off)

David

Comment

Working...
                              X