LSR Tuners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSR Tuners...

Are LSR tuners good to go with a Floyd Rose in a regular 6 in line Jackson headstock? Or is there no purpose for them, or do they look bad that way?

No purpose other than they look wierd.
    I think they look hidious on a pointy.
    -Rick

Comment

What about the Mustaine KV?

Comment

They look great and doesn't matter on a Floyd guitar since it has a locking nut!
        The Mustaine KV with LSR's is my Fav. Mustaine model!
        www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

The advantage to LSR's is that they have 40:1 ratio machines, for extra-precise tuning. The advantage is completely worthless with a locking nut. Looks are subjective so I'm not even going to comment on that.

-a

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels View Post
            The advantage to LSR's is that they have 40:1 ratio machines, for extra-precise tuning.
            Also, quick string changes. Official (yep!) website: http://members.aol.com/intertunei/LSR.tuners/
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Meh, IMHO I can probably string a standard tuner just as quickly as an LSR

-a

Comment

Then you're not using the LSR properly

Seriously, it does make for super-quick string changes, especially on the 1st-3rd (plain) strings. Anyone can clamp down a wound string with one loop, but plain strings slip and slide against their own coils on the post, unless you've got some Guitar Scouts Of America Merit Badge for tying knots in a 1/4" length of .009" steel wire

However, I think the LSRs look entirely stupid. Do they need to be that big? Looks like silver cigar butts sticking up
                Sperzels work just as well, and take the same amount of turns, and look a lot better (and they come in better colors than that "grey plastic" I always see LSRs in, or black.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What about the origin of 'em? Where are they made? USA? Germany? Japan?

Comment

i wish sperzel had a higher ratio!

Comment

Why are LSR's so mysterious? Heck they've had that same outdated website on an AOL personal account since the mid/late 90's.

Comment

I guess I shoudl mention that one of the LSRs on the Roswell I had fell apart. The tuning post just fell straight out of the body.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                        X