Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARTY FRIEDMAN, ALEX SKOLNICK, CHRIS POLAND tour

From Blabbermouth.net:

"MARTY FRIEDMAN, ALEX SKOLNICK And CHRIS POLAND To Team Up For U.S. Tour - June 30, 2003

Guitar shredders extraordinaire Marty Friedman (ex-MEGADETH), Alex Skolnick (ex-TESTAMENT, SAVATAGE) and Chris Poland (ex-MEGADETH) will be teaming up for a U.S. tour later in the summer. Friedman will be performing as a solo artist while Poland and Skolnick will be showcasing their current group projects, OHM and THE ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO, respectively.

The trek, dubbed "Guitarevolution", will hit the following cities in early September, according to Pollstar:

Sep. 06 - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
    Sep. 08 - San Diego, CA @ Canes
    Sep. 09 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
    Sep. 10 - West Hollywood, CA @ The Troubadour
    Sep. 11 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
    Sep. 12 - Orangevale, CA @ The Boardwalk

More dates are expected to be added soon."

Re: MARTY FRIEDMAN, ALEX SKOLNICK, CHRIS POLAND tour

Definatly there. SHould be a sick tour

Comment

Jazzy!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What the hell? No NY date? I would love to see that tour so much.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I hope they come to Pennsylvania and don`t play JAZZ [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Seriously, I really want to see Skolnick, I love Testaments first 2 albums [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Skol's playing Jazz Fusion these days exclusively. There was an online article on him but I can't recall where I saw it. He's not doing the shredmetal - it's all Jazz. There was a clip of a Hendrix tune he covered and it was straight out musical masturbation.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Might as well call it the "Worldwide California Tour"... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(Except for Tempe, of course--no insult intended)

Comment

Damn. 3 of my favorite guitarists that no longer play metal [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I'll be on the east coast when they're playing SF. I would totally want to catch this show.

I saw Skolnick play with his band Exhibit A at a Violence/Forbidden show. Music was jazzy and not too great but he sure can shred. I love Poland's Return to Metalopolis. I met Alex at NAMM and he was a really nice guy.

Comment

I just got a e-mail from a friend who writes for a couple metal mags. He sent me this quote of Alex saying Matallica's new st Anger album represents everything bad about metal today. (something like that) I'll have to find out were it came from and post it. I'm not at home right now so I cant tell ya. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I remember seeing Alex and Testament in their prime in the early 90`s open for Slayer and they ripped it up, Alex can fly on his guitar and accurate, i really miss the 80`s and early 90`s speed Metal [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] At least we still have Slayer banging away out there [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

This is what I read....Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist: New METALLICA 'Represents Everything Wrong With The Music Business' - June 30, 2003

Former TESTAMENT guitarist Alex Skolnick, whose previous group was once considered to be among the natural successors to the San Francisco Bay Area metal throne held by METALLICA, has slammed his one-time heroes, calling their latest opus, "St. Anger" a "sloppy mess" and insisting that Hetfield and Co. "represent everything wrong with the music business."

With this tour, I'm rally interested in what Alex is up to.

This is what he said. Oh gosh no! I would never post a e-mail. This is paraphrased..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Alex: [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.eddietrunk.com/news/article.php?news_id=1016
                        Found the source!

Alex: You fuggin rule!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm interested in this show....the Galaxy is 2 miles from my house too. Sounds pretty cool.

Comment

Alex hit it dead on
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
                            X