Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Cases?

Ok, so...

Anyone here has a G&G Case for their Custom Jacksons?

I see there's the option in the custom quote spec form at the Jackson website, but I don't know anything about them, what are they made out from, etc, quality, looks.

Anybody has one for a King V, Rhoads or Kelly style Jackson?

Does it say "Fender" somewhere in the case?

Har har, no it doesn't say "Fender", it says "G&G - The Original Vintage Case Company".

And yes I have one for my Custom Shop War Angel:

Heavier than the SKB cases, and I think the G&G is an automatic upgrade/upcharge for Custom body shapes becaise it's easier to send them a template to shape the inside.

Mine's also heavy. The case weighs more than the guitar!
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool! Would you say it's "better" than the standard SKB case?

Comment

Depends on your specific terms of "better". The SKBs do a good job of protecting the guitar when gigging or otherwise moving it around where it's going to get bumped and shuffled.
        ABS plastic outer shell around a dense styrofoam body, aluminum valances, and form-fit interior are just as good for protecting the guitar as tolex-covered laminated birch with medium-density foam interior covered in fabric.

The G&G will look classy but may not be feasible if you gig regularly. The SKB can take road abuse such as scuffs and scratches.

If you're going for a Custom Shop that IS NOT a custom body shape (i.e. Soloist, Rhoads, King V, etc etc) and you will be gigging with it, get the SKB. It's less expensive, and they already have the templates to make one if they somehow don't have one in stock.

I'm not 100% sure, but you may have to specify if you want a form-fitted G&G case, though I think JCMI stated a while back that all G&G cases for Custom Shops will be form-fitted like the SKBs.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, well the custom will never leave my house, ever. I have a regular KV-2 for that. sO I guess G&G will do a good job for making it look pretty, right?

Comment

Working...
          X