Saw In Flames/Soilwork last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw In Flames/Soilwork last night

Amazing show, Soilwork stole the show for sure...

The guys in Soilwork both played Caparisons, and I'm really starting to dig their bolt-on strat with 27 frets and a H-S setup...cool finishes and they seem to have developed a really good reputation in metal!

Peter Wichers was playing through a 5150 II and Ola Frenning (I think that's his name?) used a reuglar 5150...they both had big racks too, I believe, unless that was Chimaira's equipment, because they seemed to use the same stack of gear.

For some stupid reason, Soilwork played before Chimaira...I always thought Soilwork were a lot bigger than Chimaira...considering Chimaira are crap and I rarely hear about em...

In Flames are now using actual Gibsons...Jesper was playing a Gibson Voodoo Flying V with the half red hardware or whatever, and Bjorn was playing black Les Paul Customs I believe....Both of those guys are also 5150 users, but all their stuff was facing side stage and their sound was pretty much coming just from the PA, so I didn't get a close look at all.

Again, WICKED SHOW! Catch this tour! Just skip Chimaira...apaprently them and Soilwork are alternating spots on the tour every show, so hopefully some of you guys get lucky enough to show up late and just catch Soilwork and In Flames, beacuse Chimaira were awful....Slipknot unmasked... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Saw In Flames/Soilwork last night

****in awsome, im going the 18th. My buddy is interviewing chimaria for his website www.smnnews.com, and so ima come along and hopefully get to hang out with in flames beforehand.

If it wasnt in the like ****in dirtiest part of the city in which I live, ide consider brining my les paul to get signed (back of headstock of course).

Anyways, I hear its Awsome, so im psyched.

Comment

Yeha they were playing those Gibsons in their New video the Black LP and the Voodoo V.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I just came from the Minneapolis show, and nothing new to report. Although it probably has to do more with the venue than the guitars, In Flames sounded MUCH better than any of their previous shows here. Unfortunately, Soilwork had a horrible mix. The drums were triggered and way too loud, while the guitars and keyboard were barely audible. The sound guy eventually brought up the guitars, but only enough to hear the solos. No keyboards could be heard through most of the set, which is really too bad since Soilwork's use of keys has always been pretty tasteful.

One thing I always notice about In Flames and Soilwork, as well as The Haunted, is that the guys all really appear to be enjoying themselves. I know it's not very "brutal" or "metal" to be running around stage with a big grin, but it's nice to see guitar duos that interact well with each other.
        sigpic

Comment

I was very disappointed in the show all together basically... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

....What a horrible bill. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

....Chimaria ruined the show and pissed me off doin' it... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Chimaria ans Soilwork shared the same soundman who purposely made Soilwork sound bad ...then tried to polish a turd when Chimaria went on.....I was SCREAMING at the sound dude all night!!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm with you Bill....FVCK CHIMAIRA! Awful awful awful band, god I hate 'em....

Comment

I don't know why I bought one of Chimaira's cds. I must have been bored. I kinda liked it at first, but now I'm selling it. Stale, boring crap. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X