• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exodus gear questions.

oops double post

[ June 22, 2003, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Dave ]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Re: Exodus gear questions.

Gary always said he used two Boss Super Overdrives (Don't know how they were set) up until (Not including) Force of Habit. I remember an interview with them and Gary said about the producer on Force of Habit, that he no longer needed the two Super OD's.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Yes I agree completely with you ToeJam Force of Habits guitar tones are very desireable and among the best I've heard in Metal. I am trying to achieve both albums overall guitar tones on my POD XT with some promise. To bad about the singer . Was he the original one? Because the one I saw was Souza I beleive in 1989. Not sure but was definately Rocked by Rick and Gary's sound and playing abilities. I think the Show I saw Exodus at I also saw another shedder called Jeff Waters of Annihilator another overlooked guitarist in Metal who also played a Jackson.
      Hey Dave, any idea what amps or rack they used for Force of Habbit It seems quite processed throughout to my ear. Thanks for the Info. You guys Rock!

Ric

Ric

[ June 22, 2003, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Ric1983 ]

Comment

Yeah, Paul Baloff was the singer on the first album, Bonded By Blood. After Steve Souza left, I thought they broke up, then they got Paul back and put out a live album, Good Friendly Violent Fun (which I actually never got, but I hear it's good, and I'll eventually pick it up).
        The first concert I ever saw was Anthrax's Among The Living tour, and Celtic Frost and Exodus opened!! I also saw them on the first Mtv Headbanger's Ball tour with Anthrax and Helloween. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Exodus gear questions.

Hey all I was listening to old cd's last night and gave all the Exodus ones a play. I was impressed with the guitar tones on Fabulous Disaster and also Force of Habbit. Does anyone know what Amps,Guitars,Rack gear they used on those albums and their live tours of the above albums? I saw them live in 1989 and thought both Rick and Gary were Great shredders and did the lead trade offs excellent along with very impressive riffs in most of their songs. Also what are Gary and Rick up too these days? I dug their music but the singing was another story. Thanks for any info guys.

Ric

Comment

Rick at one time had a white Jackson King V (or was it a Rhoads?), Gary played modded Strat copies with Floyds, also at one time had a Yamaha double-cut that looked like an Ibanez Artist model. Not really too sure about some of their other guitars, but both got Ibanez deals and had custom Voyagers made (the Reb Beach model) with EMG pickups. They used modified Marshalls, Rane eqs. I can't remember too much more of their equipment offhand. IMO, Force of Habit is the album with the best metal tone ever!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] No idea what they're doing now since singer Paul Baloff died. I believe Steve Souza came back to do a benefit with them after Paul's death, but I don't think it was permanent.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I read an article from an old guitar magazine where Gary said that he just played through standard Marshalls up until the album that had "Objection Overuled" on it. (Sorry I don't know the name of the album) I think somebody had it right that he was just using those pedals to get that tone. On the album with "Objection Overuled" he still played a Marshall except it was modified by somebody up in the San Francisco area. I think I saw Gary play a white Jackson V (not a king, just a regular V) in one of their videos (Good day to die?)

Comment

Working...
              X