Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eidolon crushes Cleveland!

Yo Steve, per your request!

I got a pics couple of Eidolon jamming at our Evilution practice spot this weekend. . I hope they won't mind actually being shown playing in our dungeon, haha...

These guys are all really cool dudes. Hope they had a good stay here.

Here's Glenn playing my rig.

Their guitar tech, Bill (analyzing their bassist I think) and Glenn.

Their vocalist Pat and Glen

ShawnDrover

and their Bassist Adrian

Re: Eidolon crushes Cleveland!

Only the bassist looks like he's having fun.
    Everyone else looks pissed off.

Comment

thanks Cleve looks like you guys had some fun ! by the way is that all your gear [the amps and rack stuff ? ]good pics ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] is that all glen had with him for guitars ?//Steve

Comment

Yeah, they do have that pissed off grimace, haha... That's just sorta them, they were all pretty happy actually.

Yeah, all the equipment is ours cept their axes and the the small MESA rackhead behind the bassist.

Comment

So what did Glenn think of your set up? *You lucky bastard*
          Is he going to get rid of the old Valvestate? *You lucky son of a....*
          Did he try Bill's Bogner?
          *F'n Mr...."Oh Oh I had a cool metal band stay at my place this weekrnd".*
          [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Haha, they didn't stay here, just hanging out to practice a bit.

Glen is pretty quiet. But, I don't think he was too impressed at first. He plugged in his guitar with the J90 pickups and the rig sounded muddy. He ditch the PQ-3 and plugged in a modded Boss SD-1 I have, then tweaked a bit and was appeased. I don't think either of us were happy with that though. I have to say I do think liked it better than his VS8100 sound (shhhhh).

Later on, I plugged in my EMG 81/PA-2 loaded Charvel, and he seemed noticably impressed. That EMG stuff makes the edge and harmonics stand out nice and gives a chug with my rig, other pickups sound very dead and muddy.

Unfortunately, they where pressed for time and just needed practice. He didn't get around to plugging into the Bogner.

He is certainly a great player though. Lotsa feel. You can just see the experience in his hand movements. Whatever he plays through, it sounds lke Glen Drover.

Eidolon and their crew are all some truly great guys and are will always be welcome in my home.

Comment

EMG's have such a impact on sound that I know I have to drastically tweak my rig when switching between my EMG equipped guitar to any other pups. This is why I will be going EMG in everything when I can. I always seem to have to cut the highs boost the lows and the mids a bit when I use my EMG's after my Invader has been played through my set up.

[ June 15, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Dave ]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

hmmm... so I see my case getting some pretty high-level usage in cleveland.. way to go man!...

Comment

We certainly had a good time while in Cleveland and rehearsing as well!!!! we were certainly impressed and very appreciative of even having ANY opportunity, ( let alone on good equipment!! ) to get at least 1 reheasal in before the gig ( we hadent rehearsed for 6 months until that point ) as for our evil looking faces - we're just deep in thought, believe me, we had a good time!!!!!

cheers
                  shawn - eidolon
                  www.eidolon-nightmareworld.com

Comment

Hey Sean !! It was sure a good time meeting and hangin' with you guys! Well ...you have a new dedicated fan ...my boy VINNY (he still talks about ya)!!

Thanks for the goodies ...

I hope all went well on July 4th in mixin ' your new album ...I can't wait to get it!!! Unfortunately ....Some new metal releases is really hard to get a hold of in the states...It took ME 3 months after it's release to get Coma Nation"

...tell the guys I said "hey"

...Adrian's bass is still too big [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Bill Z

[ July 13, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X