Ozzy / Randy "You, looking at me,Looking at you"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy / Randy "You, looking at me,Looking at you"

Yo peeps...I have unearthed a cd I got about 5 years ago that was sent out to promote Ozzfest '98. Features a couple Sevendust tunes (including their cover of "Schools Out") a couple live Megadeth tunes, an Incubus tune, and 3 tracks from Ozzy. (2 are live) The other is a studio track that was a Japanese import, unreleased in the US. The song is "You, looking at me, Looking at you" and I'm sure some of you die hard dudes have probably heard it. Anyway, I would be more than happy to make it available to someone if they had space to host it, so all the other Randy fans could download it for themselves. I can send ya a copy of the track, or the whole cd. E-mail is: skinman933 at yahoo.com

let me know!!

Re: Ozzy / Randy "You, looking at me,Looking at you"

Did you know that the guitar solo in that song was one that Randy just reused from his Quiet Riot days...from the song Breaking Up Is a Heartache.

Comment

...and the intro to you said it all (with ozzy) is the intro from you drive me crazy from QR2. the suicide solution riff is the verse riff from force of habit. randy did that stuff all the time.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If I'm not mistaking the live version of that song was reported to be faked as well,they recorded it at sound check,piped in the crowd noise from the show that night ,then Randy overdubbed the solo on the truck through the board.

Comment

I think that was the live Mr Crowley disc they did that with, recording it beforhand and mixing the crowd in later....

Comment

evol, do you mean the you said it all live track? yes, definitely recorded live at a soundcheck. i don't think that randy re did the solo, but i'm guessin there.

one thing that i love about the older (blizzard tour) tapes is the way that they used to end crowley... they'd go into the "was it polemic'lly sent" part and end from there. i kinda like that way better.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sorry,yes it was You said it all,I looked up last night where I had heard that and it was from a Kevin Dubrow radio interview,so that has to be taken with a grain of salt.My bad,I got my songs starting with you mixed up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

sully who is that in the picture with randy ?

Comment

yeah, i basically ignore about 80% of what he says. in a GFTPM issue in 93-94, they did an interview with kevin, right when the QR reissues came out... in it, he says that he was driving around with randy and listening to the tribute tapes, and randy was happy with the sound he had on them. kevin said that he tried to model the tone they manufactured for randy on those reissue recordings after his tribute sound. granted, it may have been taken out of context, but it basically says that kevin was driving around with randy in 1987. um....hello?

soon after that disc came out, there was a QR record out called to the bone, or something like that. anyway, QR was in the studio on a chicago radio station, so i called in. i got through and asked kevin how it feels to ride the coattails off of his "friend" ... a friend who never wanted the general public to hear those QR records. you can totally tell how against the project dee was by her comments in the liner notes on that disc... it's not the most glowing of reviews. anyway, i'm glad they're available, but the resinging, and re-amping guitars, and changing all the drums to samples and triggers was just wrong, and imo, an attempt to make money.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

that would be me, sir!

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

yah and the only reason they did it was to make money off of Randys name,because it seems like Dubrow is almost talentless without him around.Funny about the tribute tapes...maybe Randy loved Kevin SOOOO much that he came back to visit him and have a chat about 5 years after he died [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I think maybe Randy didn't want anyone to hear those old QR tracks because of Kevin anyway heh.Funny that Randy really didn't like Kevin when they first met,like my Mom says "Trust your first instinct!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

when did you meet him [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

i didn't..i made the pic. if you view my avatar pic at full size, you can see that i'm wearin a tenacious D shirt.

i met a lady in memphis who met him after his last show. she and a friend took a pic with him, and she gave me a copy of it. as soon as they took the picture, randy got on the bus. it's probably the last pic taken of him alive.

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Here we go again
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Long live Randy Rhoads!!!Man, do I miss him. Can you possibly even fathem what he would be doing write now. What a loss to the world. Chris Olivia from Savatage was another gifted guitarist that met his fate way to early.
                              1990 Jackson Professional
                              1992 Dean ML
                              2004 Epiphone Flying V
                              2005 Epiphone Dot
                              2009 Fender Stratocaster
                              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                              2006 Fender P Bass
                              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                              Custom Pedalboard