metallica yesterday @ ROCK AM RING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metallica yesterday @ ROCK AM RING

doesn't kirk hammet have numerous ESP signature lines running on his name?!?
    anyway at least have the show he was using something that lkooked like an RR1T to me... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

doesn't ESP give a ****?
    kirk is standing in front of thousands playing a jackson as if it was the most usual thing in the world and a little freak like alexi laiho (as an example), standing in front of hundrets has got to cover his jackson headstock coz of the ESP endorsement-deal.

here's something confusing in it, huh? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Re: metallica yesterday @ ROCK AM RING

Kirk's had his Rhoads since the mid-80s...
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I'm guessing Metallica just has a larger degree of freedom worked into the deal they signed with ESP.

'bane

Comment

Does anybody know anything about the ESP Flying V he used yesterday? All I know is that it was not his KH-1

Comment

I'm pretty sure he has modified his KH-1 to have 2 humbuckers and another volume control. You can also see it on S&M on The Thing That Should Not Be.

I didn't get to see the concert... [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] anyone know where I can download a bootleg or something?

Comment

I have it on tape... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            btw, I think there was a live-stream to the shows, but I'm not sure.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Been there. Crowd sucked donkey balls... no moshpits whatsoever, just a lot of pussies. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

that was an awesome setlist I must say... I also got it on tape fortunately.. Too bad they didn't play Fade To Black, I really would have preferred that instead of One. Lars really impressed me, after all the crap going around about him not having what it takes, I was suprised.

That flying V he used looked almost exactly the same as a Gibson V, I'll check it out again when I get the chance. Sunbane got it right, Kirk and James probably get more freedom simply because they're the biggest act in metal, and with Lars' background in Law, ESP would be too afraid to sue [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Kirk had a custom ESP Flying V back in the day with two hums, standard Gibson style, and a gold Floyd Rose, and split rhombus inlays. I always thought it was supposed to be kinda like Jimi Hendrix's Gibson Flying V...is that what you guys are talking about?

Comment

Yes, Kirk played on a Gibson style V with two hums and a Floyd Rose. Don't remember if the Floyd was gold though

Comment

Originally posted by Baum83:
                      Been there. Crowd sucked donkey balls... no moshpits whatsoever, just a lot of pussies. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, saw that on TV...

What struck me the most was how you couldn't hear the crowd at all during the sing-along parts of Master Of Puppets (and other old school songs), but during Nothing Else Matters you could clearly hear the crowd.

Shows how many people didn't even know the lyrics to the old songs. That's why I'd never go to a MTV festival. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thing is, you just heard them sing along on NEM, not on the other songs. During One, every one sung along as well, hell, most of the songs there were quite a few people who did. But as I already said, there was a whole bunch of pussies there...

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Baum83:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, saw that on TV...

What struck me the most was how you couldn't hear the crowd at all during the sing-along parts of Master Of Puppets (and other old school songs), but during Nothing Else Matters you could clearly hear the crowd.

Shows how many people didn't even know the lyrics to the old songs. That's why I'd never go to a MTV festival. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that was cuz of the bad mixing on MTV's part.. during songs you could hear them adjusting the levels of the instruments and at times you couldn't even hear james, but then 5 seconds later he'd be twice as loud as everyone else..

Comment

Where did you guys see this at?? I want to see it.

Comment

"Where did you guys see this?"

no "at" [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X