Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queensryche - Tribe

Anybody else heard this yet?

It's not great...not even sure it's good...but at least it sounds a bit like Queensryche again. First time since Promised Land.

Since apparently DeGarmo's already out again, I guess this is as good as it's gonna get. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Re: Queensryche - Tribe

Damn! I must be livin' under a rock! I didn't know there was a new 'Ryche album out already!
    Bummer that C de G's left again though...

Comment

left again? wow.. the rest of the group must be total aholes... use him for an album and get out.. where did you read this? their site fails to mention anything about it.

dave

Comment

Check out the Chris DeGarmo ezboard. He was in, and they even did a promo package photo shoot with him. He was confirmed for the Europe tour.

Then, all of sudden, he couldn't do the tour due to a "schedule conflict" and he was just a "guest" on 3-4 tracks of the album. IMO, the new music isn't that good anyway, but I would have liked to see them together.

Comment

Snoogans -- it's not "out", but there are some promos floating around...

Comment

Looked like C DeG was back in. Yes, he was confirmed for the Euro tour. Now theres a scheduling conflict? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] C'mon!

I bet he spent some time with Tate in the studio and couldnt handle it any more!

JOHN

Comment

Hmmm, got 2nd row seats for Queensryche/Dream Theater/Fates Warning in a few weeks. Will let you'all know how it goes.

Comment

Well, that sucks. I was looking forward to hearing them here in a few weeks. Not so excited now... Bleh.

Comment

I heard the album, great production and sound quality, but there aren't really any songs that just grab you and make you really think they kick ass. The title track has some pretty lame lyrics I thought, otherwise, good production - definately not the Queensryche we'd all hoped for.

Comment

Originally posted by thenine:
                    Looked like C DeG was back in. Yes, he was confirmed for the Euro tour. Now theres a scheduling conflict? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] C'mon!

I bet he spent some time with Tate in the studio and couldnt handle it any more!

JOHN
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What makes you think Tate's the problem?
                    Not saying you're wrong, just asking.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Have you heard Tate's solo stuff? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Like bad Depeche Mode... haha... He's pretty full of himself I've heard.

Plus, last couple shows I've seen, it was like the Michael Wilton Show... The other guitarist filling in was in the shadows all night and Wilton did every solo. I guess I understand, but hey, throw the guy a bone or two!

Comment

my buddy Mike Stone is playing guitar in place of Chris right now. He is really talented, and is a excellent singer as well. He also helped to write alot of the new album. He used to be the singer for Peter Chriss's solo stuff, and has worked with a bunch of big time people. Last I heard, they were doing well, and everything was going great. With Mike in the band, it should not be disappointing. Give the guy a chance. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        1990 Jackson Professional
                        1992 Dean ML
                        2004 Epiphone Flying V
                        2005 Epiphone Dot
                        2009 Fender Stratocaster
                        2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                        2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                        2006 Fender P Bass
                        2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                        1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                        1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                        Custom Pedalboard
                        ADA MP1
                        ADA FX2
                        Tascam 2488

Comment

If he's the guy that was in the band the last couple years, Michael Wilton is the one that needs to give the guy a chance! Haha...

I don't think I saw the guy's face once during the last couple shows I saw. And not one solo from him. I felt bad for the guy.

Comment

His first show was the New Years Eve show in Alaska. He's been helping write the new stuff for the last 6-8 months, and just started touring with them.
                            1990 Jackson Professional
                            1992 Dean ML
                            2004 Epiphone Flying V
                            2005 Epiphone Dot
                            2009 Fender Stratocaster
                            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                            2006 Fender P Bass
                            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                            Custom Pedalboard
                            ADA MP1
                            ADA FX2
                            Tascam 2488

Comment

New stuff is quite disappointing, considering this is the classic lineup on most of the material. It sounds disjointed and it really has no direction. Kinda lame, IMO.

Live they never really convinced me either. Tate is definitely one of those studio magicians, in that he always sounds like God on the albums, but live...hmmm

Is there ANY great band from the glory years still making great music (besides maybe Dio)? And anyone who says "Metallica" will be shot...

[ June 18, 2003, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Brian ]

Comment

Working...
                              X