neck screws.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck screws.

Ok here goes...bare with me.. I have a DK2 neck that i am using for a project guitar. however i do not have the DK2 neck plate and screws. I bought a generic neck plate/gasket off ebay with screws. the screws are a little to large of a diameter to fit the holes in the DK2 neck. I don't have alot of exp with this.. so can anyone tell me the specs of a DK2 neck screw.... i don't want to split the heel of this neck by using a screw that is too big. Im hoping to be able to get a very similar screw somewhere. thanks in advance for any help.

They use a #8 diameter screw. Also, be sure to check the screw length. The DK2 has a scalloped heel, and uses shorter screws than a body without the scallop. It also has two different lengths because it's slightly tapered. #8 X 1 3/8" (short) and #8 X 1 1/2" (long) will work. If that's the case, make sure the short screws go toward the neck end, and the longer ones go toward the body end. If it's a standard strat type body with no scallop use #8 X 1 3/4" for all four.
    (and thanks for moving this thread!)
    Last edited by mm2002; 10-16-2006, 02:42 PM.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hey thanks alot, im actually trying to revive my Rhoads project similar to the one you did for silent scream (its been in hiatus for a while now). So i will be using the rhoads body with the DK2 neck. should i use the #8 x 1 3/4 all the way around then? Can these screws be purchased at a hardware store or should i go somewhere else? again thanks for all your help

Comment

Right here:
        http://www.allparts.com/categories.p...PLATE%20SCREWS

GS 0005 in whatever color you want them in.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
        X