this totally sucks I wonder if they are gonna find someone for the tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this totally sucks I wonder if they are gonna find someone for the tour

Drummer Henry Ranta has left Sweden's SOILWORK in order to dedicate more time to his personal life.

"After playing in SOILWORK for five years, our dear friend and drummer Henry Ranta has decided that he can no longer continue to play in SOILWORK," the band said in an official statement announcing Ranta's departure from the group. "There are no hard feelings between Henry and us in any way, and we will still remain amazing friends, he will always be a true Soilworker. We wish him all the best of luck with his decision and we're sure we'll cross paths again in the future!"

Henry, who is also a member of THE DEFACED (featuring DARKANE guitarist Klas Ideberg), has issued a statement of his own explaining his decision to leave the band.

"I guess this is supposed to be a statement of why and when I decided to leave SOILWORK, but since this is a well thought out decision (not an easy one though) I will try and keep away from the sentimental 'bull****' and just focus on the hard facts," Ranta said.

"Combining my daytime job, rehearsing, recording and touring with SOILWORK has basically worn me out. This didn't really make a difference the first couple of years in SOILWORK, but as time went on I started digging a black hole for myself.

"For the past two years I haven't really found any joy playing, and with all the tours coming up this year I felt that it was time for me to leave.

"Playing in SOILWORK has been my life 24/7 for five years now, and at one point last year, I started to open my eyes to a lot of things that has been neglecting, just because I had been to concentrated on one thing only.

"Basically I'm gonna start investing more time in things that are making me happy right now. I'll take a peek at the other side, and I'm pretty sure that I'll enjoy what I'll find.

"But you're not gonna get rid of me yet though. It's not like I'm gonna stop playing drums. You will still hear me ****ing **** up in THE DEFACED and other projects.

"A really big thanks to all SOILWORK fans for amazing support throughout years — Love ya all!

"Finally I would like to say a big ****ing 'hell yeah' to the band for five beautiful years of insanity."

SOILWORK, whose next gig is scheduled to take place this Sunday (June 8) at the Rock Hard Festival in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, have yet to announce a replacement for Ranta. More information is expected soon.

(news taken from www.blabbermouth.net)

Re: this totally sucks I wonder if they are gonna find someone for the tour

that sucks [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] they were gonna come up here to Canada soon with In Flames , he plays in Soilwork and He can't make a living [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] **** those guys are huge world wide ? WTF ? the Metal thing is getting worst every year I swear [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

When you consider that 95% of signed bands can't even cover their own recording costs, it's not uncommon for musicians to get 'day-jobs'.
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

That blows.
        There really is hardly any money in metal though. I read that Jon Schaffer (JOHN FREAKING SCHAFFER!!!) had to be a jack-of-all-trades worksman when he wasnt touring to make money, like a handyman.
        Id WELL want him doing work for me lol. I dont know which he'd be more p*ssed off at, the fact he had to work, or the fact some dumb 18 year old would be pestering him to jam with him every 10 minutes lol [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Jon Schaffer has a new store I think here in Indiana. Something like Spirit of '76 Collectables. I think it is like old figurines and cival war collectibales. I might have to find out where it is and stop in since I live here in Indy. Actually my mom works where his business cards went. She brought home the proof of the business card to ask me if it was THEE Jon Schaffer(My mom is a HUGE fan of Iced Earth as well). I saw the whole Platinum Dragon Ent. or whatever so I knew it was him. I had his email on there but I figure I wouldn't bother him. Especially when its his business email. I know I wouldn't like some 16 year old kid emailing my business email(and I have one) saying HEY! HEY! HEY! YOU RULE DUDE! lol.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Disco Dave - you live in Indy???

I live in Plainfield (SW of Indy); I didn't know anyone else on the board was even close to my location. What part of town do you live on (N S E or W)?

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Dave:
                Jon Schaffer has a new store I think here in Indiana. Something like Spirit of '76 Collectables. I think it is like old figurines and cival war collectibales. I might have to find out where it is and stop in since I live here in Indy. Actually my mom works where his business cards went. She brought home the proof of the business card to ask me if it was THEE Jon Schaffer(My mom is a HUGE fan of Iced Earth as well). I saw the whole Platinum Dragon Ent. or whatever so I knew it was him. I had his email on there but I figure I wouldn't bother him. Especially when its his business email. I know I wouldn't like some 16 year old kid emailing my business email(and I have one) saying HEY! HEY! HEY! YOU RULE DUDE! lol.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bet he wouldn't mind at all if you also
                BUY SOMETHING from him!!! He'd probably
                autograph your receipt too!

Now you KNOW your amp will look KILLER with a Robert E. Lee figurine on top, pointing the troops to the battlefield! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't mind buying something cool, like a guy with an American flag or something. I will have to see how much some of that stuff is. I already have my Horror Show cd sleeve signed by Jon but unfortunately it started soming off for some reason. I don't think the marker I had stuck all that well to the glossy paper. I don't have it in the cd or anything. It sits on the head board of my bed. lol.

EVH - I live in Indianapolis by a small town called Beech Grove. I guess it would be 15 minutes south of Downtown Indianapolis. Somewhere around there anyways.

[ June 08, 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Disco Dave ]

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Dave:
                    Actually my mom works where his business cards went. She brought home the proof of the business card to ask me if it was THEE Jon Schaffer(My mom is a HUGE fan of Iced Earth as well).
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I vote DD's mom

COOLEST MOM EVER!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X