children of bodom gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• children of bodom gear

i know they use ESP's but, what amps do they use? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: children of bodom gear

good question!!
    I know the gear alexi used with his jacksons, but he also had a built in JE1000 gainboost unit, so his gear would sound pretty ****ty with another guitar...
    I dunno. the preamp will be another one I think.

he uses an engl poweramp (840/50) as well as an intelifex. and I saw a rocktron chamelion in his rack last time I saw him...
    maybe that's his new preamp for the ESPs?
    no idea, dude... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I'm going to use this oppurtunity to ask what a power amp is?? Please explain? Pretty please?! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

i think a power amp is like the volume on a regular amp. I dont know for sure cuz i never had one.

Comment

If you own an amplifier, you own a power amp. All modern guitar amplifiers are actually a combination of two amplifiers. First you have a pre-amp which shapes your tone and gives you distortion. From there the signal is passed to a power amp, which brings the level of the signal up so that it can power your speakers. Some people prefer to have seprate pre-amps and power amps, some people prefer to have them together. If you claim that you don't own a power amp, I am assuming that you have an amp that does both.

I'll use Mesa Boogie as an example. The Mesa Boogie Quad-Preamp is an example of a preamp. You plug your guitar in to the preamp first to get distortion. If you were to plug the back of your Quad Pre into a speaker cabinet, I seriously doubt that the signal would have enough juice to even move the speakers enought to get an audible sound. What you would do from there would be to run a signal from the preamp to a power amp, like a Mesa Boogie 50/50. That would bring the distorted guitar signal up in level to where you can play with your band and piss off your neighbors.

An example of an amp that has both would be a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. You plug your guitar in one end, and your speakers in the other end. You can reverse this if you want some cool pyrotechnics, but don't have the money for them. You would need a new guitar though. And probably a little CPR too. The power and preamps are already in there doing their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
            You plug your guitar in one end, and your speakers in the other end. You can reverse this if you want some cool pyrotechnics, but don't have the money for them. You would need a new guitar though. And probably a little CPR too.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think the guys on Jackass are planning on doing that on their next episode. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a pic from a Japanese magazine detailing Alexi's and Roope's setup. Drop me a line @ [email protected] if u want it. Also, it might be helpful if you can read Japanese, because that's what the page is written in, lol

Comment

I saw Alexi's rig in that pic, he had a Lee Jackson Perfect Connections preamp, a Rocktron Intellifex, and the Engl poweramp, with some Marshall cabinets.

Comment

he IrfaanSE801 can you post this pic in the board?
                  would be cool to know what (exactly) they use because if you take their sound, mix the sound of nevermore's politics of ecstasy in (can anybody tell me what loomis used to get that awesome sound??? the sound of enemies of reality is pure **** in comparison to politics) and you get the sound i'm looking for. exactly.

fragle

Comment

i thought this thread was long gone [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

yeah it WAS [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] actually, i wanted to open a new thread but then i searched the board and found this one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

fragle

Comment

Hey fellas. Haven't seen this thread in awhile, so when ya e-mailed for the pic I had no clue this is where you knew I had the pic from. Dunno how to post it, but I sent it to one of ya, so if u can, post it for everyone to enjoy.

- Irfaan -

BTW, replace the Jacksons with ESP's and that's probably the most current live setup

Comment

Laiho uses Lee Jackson Perfect Connection preamps, like Zakk used on the No Rest for the Wicked CD.

Loomis used Mesa TriAxis preamps in the studio.

Comment

Working...
                          X