Helloween-Opinions on the new one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helloween-Opinions on the new one

Hey...Anyone else heard the new Helloween? ("Rabbit Don't Come Easy")....I hear it's the best since "The Dark Ride" which in my opinion is the best Helloween disc ever (just MHO)

I've heard one track, but didn't hear it too clearly....I also see it has Mikkey Dee on drums, and now they have ex-Accept skin slammer Stephan Schwarzmann touring with them.

[ June 07, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: WarriorX7 ]

Re: Helloween-Opinions on the new one

Helloween without Kai is just Hell...........

Comment

Hmm i haven't heard the new one but i have to say i never really was impressed with their stuff since their old Wall of Jericho/Keeper days were over.
      Those three albums are IMO the absolute best thing they did. Hansen really was important for the band as was their singer Kiske. Their "new" (well he isn't new anymore) singer just doesn't do it for me.
      On the other hand i really don't like Gamma Ray that much so i also think that the peek of Hansen's work was with Helloween.

Well i have to give the new one a listen but i really doubt that it will come close to the old stuff i like so much.

Flo
      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

While we are at Helloween, i just found a very cool guitar graphic over at GMW guitars.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I'm now only getting into the post "KISKE/HANSEN" stuff now (with the exception of The Dark Ride)...Better Than Raw (1997) was a pretty heavy album too!...I like both singers equally, while Kiske gave them a "signature"....Deris's voice fits the music well also (IMO). I know Hansen was key "the Helloween" sound as well, but they have moved on, and progressed as any band would. I can't wait to check the new one out in it's entirety!

Comment

Wow, it's insane that I noticed this thread while listening to the new Helloween album! I love it, it's great! I do miss Roland Grapow's guitar playing but otherwise the album's stunning, very uplifting and hurmerous just like Helloween should be.

Oh, and I love Andy Deris' voice. Mike was great but Andy has a more unique voice and I dig that.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Wow, I love Helloween....took me a few years to stop sulking and give the new stuff a listen after Kiske left but man, Master of the Rings, first album out, is excellent....don't like the Time of the Oath as much but Better than Raw rocked and Dark Ride was pretty cool too. The first song we heard from BTR was Push and we thought it was a return to ultra heavyness but it was only that song. I'm wanting to hear the new stuff for sure.

I like all the Kiske albums too but Kai's vocals and some dodgy lyrics spoil the early stuff. How Many Tears live with Kiske is waaay better! Never got into Gamma Ray much either, no matter who is singing.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
                How Many Tears live with Kiske is waaay better! Never got into Gamma Ray much either, no matter who is singing.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I beg to differ but that's just personal taste I suppose. Gamma Ray still does an awesome 'Ride the Sky'. A song that can only be executed well with Kai singing it IMO.

My personal Helloween favorites are to this day the first EP and Walls of Jericho. But I must say I saw Helloween in Spain two years ago on a festival with Deris on voc of course and they did kick serious ass! Also when they opened for Maiden on their Virtual IX tour they delivered.

I haven't bought an album of theirs since Keeper II though ... except for that silly Dr. Stein maxi on yellow vinyl. Really!

Comment

I bought the new one at the BW&BK fest in Cleveland last weekend, and I think it is very good. Sascha from Rage is on the other side of Wieki, and Mikkey Dee's playing is superb, as always! It's a return to their speedy days, that's for sure.

I cannot wait to see HELLOWEEN on tour this year with JAG PANZER opening! That is gonna be true metal supremacy!!

Comment

Working...
                  X