Several Species - Pink Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several Species - Pink Floyd

Hey everyone, I don't know how many of you here are Pink Floyd fans, but I just wanted to tell you about this Pink Floyd tribute band, Several Species. They do an amazingly great job of covering Pink Floyd...the singer sounds just like Rodger Waters, and the keyboards, and guitars and synthesizers...it's great. The cool thing that I wanted to tell you about was how the rhythm guitarist played a really old Mesa Boogie Rocket 44, which I had never heard of until I saw it then. Plus the bassist played lefty, but with a right handed bass! It was so neat, the big low E bass string was on the bottom, the high bass string was closest up top, and then all the controls and the jack were right near his arm...I wondered how he could have learned that way, if he picked up a right-handed bass and flipped it over to play lefthanded, and just taught himself that way ever since...or if he actually thought "hey, why don't I just play lefthanded on a righthanded bass?" I don't know...great show, though, they play regularly at the Recher Theater here in Towson, Maryland...I don't know if they travel other places or not, I'd have to check their site. Neat stuff, though...and the guitarist that played the Rocket 44 had a lap slide, too...neat stuff to watch right up against the stage.

Cheers,
    Nick
Working...
X