Nasum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasum

Anyone know what these guys play? They have one of the most crushing tones I have ever heard!!

Re: Nasum

I think the current guitarist cycles through using a bc rich, a schecter and an ibanez, no idea about other gear though (although I'd like to know too) their latest album is awesome [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nasum rules!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The singer/guitarist Mieszko Talarczyk plays a BC Rich, Schecter and an Ibanez, just as yabba said.

I've quoted this from their webpage (www.nasum.com): "We have always used the same configuration for our guitar sound. It's simple; Fender Dual Showman Reverb Guitar Amp + BOSS DS-1 Distortion through a Marshall 4x12. This setup has always worked for me; muddy & raw and without the possibility to sound weak no matter what note/string you strike. It sounds close to the Boss Heavy Metal pedal, but not quite so Entombed-ish… This time however I wanted something different, not to completely leave what we had used before but to have the same kind of sound with more clarity and tone. We all felt that the new riffs deserved a bit more clarity. So I tried several combinations of heads/cabinets and ended up with a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier and a Mesa Boogie Pre-amp. I like the distortion in the Rectifier but I just don't think it fits our sound. It's too neat. The Mesa pre-amp however, had just the right kind of distortion. So I ran it through the clean channel of the Rectifier, it may seem like a waste to some but this setup delivered just the sound we were looking for. The cabinet I used was a Marshall 4x12 from 1982. The guitar was a BC Rich Mockingbird.

Microphones on the cabinet:

Neumann TLM 103
      Audiotechnica ATM 25
      Sennheiser MD 421

The cabinet and the mics were covered by a heavy canvas to prevent ambience "leakage". Mic pre-amp used for guitars was a Focusrite Octopre. All mics were blended nicely within Pro-tools and recorded to 1 track. Oh, and I recorded everything in 44.1 kHz 24 bit.

This was the first time we really wanted to have 4 rhythm guitar tracks per song. I've never used more than 2 before. And for that we needed a sound that would fit in with the "Mesa + Mesa" sound. This came to be a BOSS HM-2 through the clean channel of the Rectifier (again). Same microphone setup as for the first 2 guitar tracks with a slight balance change between the mics.

All additional guitars (there weren't that many to be honest) were recorded with the natural sound of the Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier."

Anders
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Wow, thanks!

Comment

Damn, I wouldn't think a Dual Showman was capable of a tone like that. I finally got around to checking them out a couple of weeks ago and it was like [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] .

Comment

Working...
          X