What Gear did chuck Schuldiner used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Gear did chuck Schuldiner used

Ive been listenign to death lately and i msut say they were ****ing awseome.
    What gear did schuldiner use. And what did he tune to ?

Re: What Gear did chuck Schuldiner used

They tuned to D and I know he used a BC Rich Stealth as his main guitar. Some sort of Marshall amp I'm sure lots of people know about. This has been brought up before.

Comment

Disco Dave is right. He used an X2N pup and the Marshall’s were Valvestates. I believe it was the Valvestate that had the chorus built in cuz he said he used no effects at all, just his guitar into the Valvestate, but you can definitely hear chorus in his guitar tracks. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I know that this isn't an answer to your question, but I have been on a major Death listening spree lately, still the bar by which a lot of music is judged by me and most everything falls short.

R.I.P.
        Chuck

Comment

Dave hit it right on the head, BC Rich Stealth with Dimarzio X2N into a Marshall Valvstate.

The odd thing is, I've not heard too many possitive comments about the Valvstate but he made the damn thing sing.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

valvestates sound great live or with the volume cranked past 5 I've used em live for years never ever had any problem with em great amps the only Marshall I have heard/played that I ever liked . //Steve

Comment

Speaking of Chuck...I'm mixing a cover we did of The philosopher right now. [edit] had to add these! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              RIP Chuck

[ May 30, 2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Dave ]

Comment

Dave it's about bloody time , what are ya doing over there working or something [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I was trying to ICQ it to ya this morning. I'll talk to ya tonight. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah he used the same Valvestates as Glen from Eidolon uses live I believe... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Interesteing tidbit of info on Chuck's gear,
                      on the Spiritual Healing tour he was using GK 250G heads thru Marshall cabs. No effects besides the built in Chorus. And a Boss HR2 Harmonizer pedal and I'm not sure of the Flanger/Phaser he used (that's where you hear those spine-tingling minor 5th harmony leads from)

His BC Rich Stealths were the US series ones (single humbucker) until he had his own custom ones built sometime in the early 90's

I got to hang out with them and their crew on that tour because I was a stage hand at the place where the tour hit that year. He is still sadly missed. There will never be another "Evil" Chuck....R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                        He is still sadly missed. There will never be another "Evil" Chuck....R.I.P.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X