Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you want as a Jackson Endorsee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you want as a Jackson Endorsee?

Since Jackson has lost a few who would you like to see. Would it be a Popular act..? Someone who can sell guitars or a guy like Shawn Lane. BTW what does Michael Romeo play?

[ May 29, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Tetsuo ]
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Who would you want as a Jackson Endorsee?

simple...someone marketable. a mix of decent playing, and marketability. i gotta say though, that i don't lose sleep over who is playing jacksons; it's not like they're goin under anytime soon.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Jeff Loomis from Nevermore. Someone on here said he's got one Jackson, but I believe ESP/LTD sent him a free 7-string, so he's probably staying with them.
      Mike Romeo also uses ESP. I've never seen him with a Jackson. He played a few Kramers back in the mid '80s (I lived in the same town as him and took lessons from him for about a year). Last time I was on the Symphony X website, he had a few Fenders, too.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree with toejam...Jeff Loomis is a monster and Nevermore are probably the biggest underground heavy metal band around...I know I would check out Jackson because of him if I wasn't already addicted...he had me looking on eBay for an LTD 7 string! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I 3rd the Jeff Loomis and dub thee "Underrated one"! He is a master of both rhythm and lead guitar. I think he told Steve at a show that he has owned 12 or so RR1's! He loves Jackson but hey ESP brought them guitars for their video shoot and said..."Keep em"! So what do ya do? Especially when they all have day job still. Warren is a frigging cook! It's just not fair. Jeff also said he tried to get something going with Jackson.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
            Warren is a frigging cook!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know who Warren is, but Warrell is a cook! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And Van works for Nintendo (a graphics designer or something)? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
              I 3rd the Jeff Loomis and dub thee "Underrated one"! He is a master of both rhythm and lead guitar. I think he told Steve at a show that he has owned 12 or so RR1's! He loves Jackson but hey ESP brought them guitars for their video shoot and said..."Keep em"! So what do ya do? Especially when they all have day job still. Warren is a frigging cook! It's just not fair. Jeff also said he tried to get something going with Jackson.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep dave is right he told me that when he got the gig with santcuary right before they broke up and started nevermore he had 12 rr1's but cause he had no cash he had to sell em to live. and he still very much likes Jacksons , it's just that ltd gave em a deal and now mike ammot his buddy got them the real esp deal , or he was trying to.//Steve

Comment

Alex Masi - He already played Jackson in the 80's
                Borislav Mitic - Neoclassical monster
                George Bellas - So good it's sickening
                Greg Howe - Need I say more
                James Murphy - He's back in action guys!
                Michael Romeo
                Rob Johnson - Great, check out Magnitude 9
                Stephan Forte - Of the prog band Adagio
                Steve Smyth - Testament's resident shredder
                Timmo Tolki
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

loomis got my vote there definately!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dave:
                    Warren is a frigging cook!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know who Warren is, but Warrell is a cook! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And Van works for Nintendo (a graphics designer or something)? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and Van is a real cool guy as well he shared lottsa boose with me jagermister and Vodka no mixer at all ! I was very surprized to see him play at all after that cause I was pretty drunk after drinking with him ! lol! but toejam I am glad you picked up on dave [warren/warrel] about time someone bugged him about bad spelling instead of me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Mitic!Mitic!, it would be cool, cuz then i could get jacksons either from the US, or in Yugoslavia when i go there every [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] summer.

Comment

Toejam, where do you live in NJ?

Comment

Toejam lives in sayerrville if memory serves. I think all of us NJ jcfers should get together. I live in Bedminster NJ. BTW.

I would love to see the dudes from nile get jacksons. one of em already uses an import Rhoads. And they could have the CS install the roland synth pickups. Imagine it dude Roland Ready jacksons. Id save cash for one.
                          But overall i think Jeff Loomis deserves One. And we need to get Alexi back.

Comment

Loomis wins by a landslide

What about the Boys from Iced Earth are they ESP too?

Would you want a wanker that is more marketable to swing over this way though... Say Hamster? His best days are far gone but what a smiting to ESP tht would be?

Toejam you took lessons from Romeo? Crazy man crazy. You a big Symph fan?
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Iced Earth are not with ESP, Jon plays various Gibsons and Larry played Jackson Kelly's but he's out now.
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                              X